What settings?

Participant count
  • Participant list

v.halen85
10+ year member

Yes, I have a elemental designs 9.2 and a ID CXS62 V.2 comp set and I have no idea what the settings on the amp need to be set at. I am using the passive crossovers that come in the set.

My amp has a

Gain dial

Bass boost dial

HPF dial

LPF dial

Any help on where I should start at with my settings would be much appreciated. My main question is about the HPF and the LPF I have gain half way up and bass boost off.

Wish I could help but I know very lil about setting hpf/lpf hell I have to get help via this forum just to set mine. Someone will chime in sooner or later. PM prorabbit, audioholic, buck, splaudio, Suicide Bobb, whitedragon551, twisted child 420, Ram Designs, oriangecounty1, Basscort2009 and a few others. I would only listen to advice from a select few on here. I hope you get the help you need.

set your amp to HPF , turn the dial up between 50-80hz , turn you gain all the way down , turn your decks volume knob up about 3/4 of the way , then turn your gain on the amp up till its as loud as possible but still clear and clean. Should be fine after that.

thx for the reply disturbed.

Bassin so I just turn the switch to hpf only and leave the lpf off? The freq range for the comps are 60-22k. Bass bosst off correct?

So set hpf to 80 and all should be good? By doin that would I lose the 60-80hz range my mids are good for? Setting to 80 would doing this still allow my tweets to get their approved freq range 2500-22k?? Thx so much guys Ive has this hooked up since friday but to afraid to turn it on until I am sure my setting are correct.

So set hpf to 80 and all should be good? By doin that would I lose the 60-80hz range my mids are good for? Setting to 80 would doing this still allow my tweets to get their approved freq range 2500-22k?? Thx so much guys Ive has this hooked up since friday but to afraid to turn it on until I am sure my setting are correct.
that comp set should have a crossover so the tweets are actually getting high pass'd at like 2k Hz or whatever. High pass of 80 will cut off anything below 80hz, yes

that comp set should have a crossover so the tweets are actually getting high pass'd at like 2k Hz or whatever. High pass of 80 will cut off anything below 80hz, yes
So since the tweets are getting high passed at 2k then by turning my hpf on 80 wouldnt that hurt the tweets?? Or is the hpf setting for this mids? So wouldnt I want to set the hpf if all it does is protect the mids to 60hz since thats the freq range of my mids Im confused.

So since the tweets are getting high passed at 2k then by turning my hpf on 80 wouldnt that hurt the tweets?? Or is the hpf setting for this mids? So wouldnt I want to set the hpf if all it does is protect the mids to 60hz since thats the freq range of my mids Im confused.
Yeah the hpf is just for the mids, the tweeters have their own crossover

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.