What rating are these speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gradyj14
10+ year member

I have a 2000 528i BMW (e39) and I was wondering what the speakers rms rating were? (if there is even a number for them). I have been looking around for awhile and I can't locate exact numbers. I just bought a Kenwood KAC-8405 ( 60x4 rms). All I know is that the deck alone isn't near enough power to push those speakers and I have 2 audioque 10's and a 1200d amp on the way.

Thanks ahead.

Hook it up and see how they handle the power. You can always dial the gain down. Stock components can be surprising once hooked up to an amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Adire Brahmas were incredible subs. One of the first subs that could really compete with the JL w7s. Super flat BL curve gave the subs a really...
Running wattage below RMS won't hurt anything. What the speakers get is the same thing as running an amp with higher wattage and then turning the...
The stock alt on my saturn was 90 amps...I ran a 800w monoblock with no issues (although playing music probably rarely pushed the 800w 😂)...the...
JL has done some odd coil impedance in the past and I think still do 3 ohm coils on their W7. Their slash series amps are rated to drive 1.5 ohm...
I like my 3.5K hidden under the driver's seat. Nobody knows where my equipment is. Always thinking it is in the bed of my truck. Nope. Two amps...

About this thread

Gradyj14

10+ year member
Gradyj14
North Bend, OR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from