What now?

stay high
10+ year member

Florida
Hey everyone I just wanted some opinions on a good setup for subs. Looking to upgrade from my Fi Q 15. Had it like 3 years and beat the hełl out of it haha and it just stopped working. My amp gives out 1k rms @ 1 ohm + I have another 4 channel running 100 rms to front stage. No big 3 or any upgrades like that.don't have a whole lot of power to work with but I'm wanting to know how to get decently louder than I was.

If I got 2 15's in a really good box would that be way louder off of the same amount of power? I really can't add a bigger amp because I don't want to do big 3 so how can I get the loudest out of 1k rms? I have a SUV so I have room to work with,

Stopped working? Prob more than likely clipped the hell out of it. That's an all time fav sub to some people.

Oh yeah...you wanna go bigger/louder, a big 3 is a must. Everyone knows this. It's a matter of doing it. Won't put much strain on the electrical either.

Id recommend the Big 3 on any vehicle ..with or without an after market system.With less than a $100 bucks, your stock alternator would appreciate it as well as your battery and maintain a decent amount of voltage for your amplifiers to operate.Depending on your budget..and you have room..Might either look at a pair of 12s, or an 18 with a well tuned enclosure.

Stopped working? Prob more than likely clipped the hell out of it. That's an all time fav sub to some people.
Oh yeah...you wanna go bigger/louder, a big 3 is a must. Everyone knows this. It's a matter of doing it. Won't put much strain on the electrical either.
I have to agree with this, without even knowing the specific "big 3" being referred to, I think it means a better power/ground for the alternator/battery, a higher output alternator and a more capacious battery. Basically beefs up your vehicles core electrical system and gives it a lot more electrical power delivering capability. Crucial when you are requiring a lot more SUSTAINABLE electrical power as when you're running very powerful amplifiers, etc.

John Kuthe...

Could I get/make a proper box for 2 15's in the trunk of an xterra? It's not a WHOLE lit of space but it's decent
Oh yea that's enough for 2 15's I would say. I had a Fi Q 12 with 2200w before and beat the he11 out of it but never was I worried about it blowing. As long as you have clean unclipped power, you can overpower your subs to a good extent. Definitely do the big 3, totally worth it.

Oh yea that's enough for 2 15's I would say. I had a Fi Q 12 with 2200w before and beat the he11 out of it but never was I worried about it blowing. As long as you have clean unclipped power, you can overpower your subs to a good extent. Definitely do the big 3, totally worth it.
I dont think the Fi blew i think something else is wrong with it. It still gives a reading on a dmm. When hooked up and playing it will start to play off and on if you push in on the cone. So maybe something lost a connection somehow? Either way, my minds set on an upgrade haha

I dont think the Fi blew i think something else is wrong with it. It still gives a reading on a dmm. When hooked up and playing it will start to play off and on if you push in on the cone. So maybe something lost a connection somehow? Either way, my minds set on an upgrade haha
Hmm.. maybe the wires inside the box are loose? Something sounds like a loose connection yea. If it plays off and on, it's probably not blown. I would go and check ALL your connections from top to bottom.

Hmm.. maybe the wires inside the box are loose? Something sounds like a loose connection yea. If it plays off and on, it's probably not blown. I would go and check ALL your connections from top to bottom.
Oh iv'e down that, ive taken it out of the box already and checked all the terminals and everything it not that

Fi Q is a tough act to follow. If you don't plan on more power or a lot more cone area you're not going to get any big "upgrade"... assuming your current box is built correctly.

Why not just order kit to rebuild your Q to 18" and build a good box for that?

Fi Q is a tough act to follow. If you don't plan on more power or a lot more cone area you're not going to get any big "upgrade"... assuming your current box is built correctly.
Why not just order kit to rebuild your Q to 18" and build a good box for that?
The current box is a little small. Im thinking of getting 2 15 inch Sundown's and building a nice box for them. That would probably be louder off the same power right? Im going to upgrade amp + big 3 in a couple months

Could I get/make a proper box for 2 15's in the trunk of an xterra? It's not a WHOLE lit of space but it's decent
my buddy ran a popcorn 6k onto a pair of hds315s in a nissan xterra in a 8 cubic feet octoport box tuned to 35hz. It doesnt meter that high but it hurts people pretty bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

stay high

10+ year member
stay high
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from