What next?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Derian06

I finished my hummer h3 build about a month ago and loved it. It was insane at first, but now its too light for me and i'm ready to upgrade again.
45a958d118de54ebe2b2c9a5501b5bf2.jpg
https://vimeo.com/163878416https://vimeo.com/163878582

What I have right now:

2 12" fu audio 750's in a 4.5 cu ft box @34hz

1 fsd 1600

2 3way pioneer 6x9's

2 memphis 6x9's

4 pioneer pro 6 3/4" midbass drivers

1 pioneer gm-d8604 100x4 4ohms

1 pioneer gm-a5602 150x2 4ohms

2 pioneer supertweets (blew 3 pairs)

2 memphis tweets (blew em)

1 jvc kwv120bt

1 soundquest sqb2000

Big 4

Powerbastards 250amp alt

0guage power and negative

Looking to get louder in general, I will accommodate the mids and highs if needed but i'm mostly just wanting more bass. What would a step up from where i'm at, but won't break the bank?

I also have alot of engine whine coming from the tweets. Ground checked good, rca's are good, power is on opposite side, radio ground is good. Installed noise isolators and saw no difference.

Thank you for the responses!

get two more FUs and another amp?
do you think I can sustain enough power for that? Also what about space?
Just a better box sub back port back should sound louder
how would that compare to say two sq hds312 1200w rms 12's?
Sub up port back
What's with the 6x9's on the subs in their boxes? Is that the rear fill/speakers?
It was originally for when I used take my doors off, but now it just adds clarity. I already had them so why not use them!

do you think I can sustain enough power for that? Also what about space?
how would that compare to say two sq hds312 1200w rms 12's?

It was originally for when I used take my doors off, but now it just adds clarity. I already had them so why not use them!

Id say the fu are are the same lvl as sound qubed hds3... Just a better box loading off the hatch should gain a db or two.... And or a bigger amp. Get like a 2500watt amp

i bet its not louder. the side firing and firing back does fine. Id get 2 more woofers and another amp then worry about subs up port back..

The port he has now is firing like right by his back door... It would be much better side firing all the way in the back corner of the hatch or even ported to the rear....

Thanks for all the posts, I'll probably end up getting two more fu audios and build a better box. So subs up, port back 34hz? 9cu ft? And any amp recommendations?

Just ordered 2 more FU audio 750 12's and another fsd1600. A couple of questions, do I have to strap the amps? Or can I just wire each pair of D4 subs to 1ohm and to each fsd? Will I have enough power with the 250amp alt to power that or will I need a 3rd battery? My 2nd is pretty small.

I also need help with a box design, would prefer aero port. The dimensions I have to work with are 28L 28W and 37H.

Thank you all

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.