what muffler for lound rumble sound

are straight pipes even legal?
i ran 2 1/2" straight pipes(with h-pipe) off headers with a set of dynamax silencer tips(you could see straight through them)on an '85 camaro with a 350ci once. it was loud, but not too loud and had a nice tone. i was stopped at a dwi checkpoint and two cops told me "sounds nice". then i was pulled over for accelerating too quickly and the cop said "i'm glad you pulled over, from the sound of your car you would have been hard to catch". never was the legality of my exhaust questioned. btw, i don't have emitions testing here.

as far as flowmaster mufflers go...i have run them on five or six vehicles now. i personally love the sound of them and that is why i use them over and over. the only problem i see with them these days is that everyone runs them. everyone sounds the same. i wouldn't have run them on my current truck but i got them for a kickass price. i was planning to(and think more people should) try a different brand's two chamber performance mufflers. there are other great brands out there that few people run and sound great doing so. i suggest trying borla, gibson, dynamax, or even magnaflow.

Dynomax Race Bullet

IMCO 1-chamber

Flowmaster 40, as previously mentioned... Flowmaster makes a single chamber race muffler, but the IMCO is much cheaper on ebay.

Gibson & Borla aren't really what I'd consider "loud" mufflers by any means. Magnaflows aren't that loud either, unless you get the Magnapacks.

i would suggest looking into spintech. i just replaced a set of flowmaster 40's on one of my mustangs with them, and it sounds just like i like it...deep, loud, and ballsy. my other stang has magnapacks on it, and i love it as well, but i wanted to be different, so i tried the spintechs, and i love them.

cool...a forum I can relate too... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ok, how deep the sound also is enhanced by the diameter of the pipe as well.

If you want a loud rumble, get the Flowmaster 40 series...the Super 40 sounds as nice as the original 40's, i have had both. The Delta flow is just for interior resonance.

Make the pip 2.5"...3" is overkill unless you have 450-500 HP on tap.Now, how much pipe is after the muffler also plays a role...if you can legally, cut the pipe just after the muffler and put a tip that faces the sound/exhaust down towards the ground....they sound amazing.

PS here was my latest build with them on it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

77252825116yo.jpg

u need to get the original delta 40 series flowmaster thats the signature muffler that made them so popular. my friend has them and we drive threw parking lots setting off alarms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.