Subwoofers rumble when radio is turned off

Participant count
  • Participant list

All4Cannabis

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I have a Pioneer GM-D9601 2,400w amplifier with 2 10" 150w peak 8 ohm kicker comps.The power and remote wire is ran directly from from the battery to the amplifier. The remote wire
runs to a toggle switch on my dash so can turn the amp on and off whenever. If the amp
has power when I turn my radio off and not my amplifier my subwoofers hit continuously. They also hit for a split second if I hit the kill switch. Does anyone know how to fix this issue???

Troubleshooting 101. Verify you have very good ground and power connections.
Disconnect your signal input wire/s from amp. Still getting rumble? It's an amp issue. No rumble? It's your head unit or the wring, Reconnect signal wires to amp. Disconnect signal wires from the head unit. No rumble? Head unit. Rumble? Signal wires.
If signal wires, try running an alternate set away form where yours are mounted. Repeat above tests.
Once you identify source, post here.

So I have a Pioneer GM-D9601 2,400w amplifier with 2 10" 150w peak 8 ohm kicker comps.The power and remote wire is ran directly from from the battery to the amplifier. The remote wire
runs to a toggle switch on my dash so can turn the amp on and off whenever. If the amp
has power when I turn my radio off and not my amplifier my subwoofers hit continuously. They also hit for a split second if I hit the kill switch. Does anyone know how to fix this issue???
What kind of toggle switch? Lighted switch? Rating?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...