Subs have constant rumble

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jason6795

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all. Just took my car audio batteries out to build a box for them. When I hooked everything back up and turn it on. My subs have a constant rumble, but no music playing to them. Speakers play just fine. I know I've come across this before and can't for the life of me remember how I solved it. Will still rumble when rcas are removed, but will stop once I remove the sub wire leads. Come help me stop being a dummy and figure out what I did wrong 🤣

I know that's gotta be it, I just need to put fresh eyes on it to figure out what I put where it shouldn't belong
Take your time and make sure its a secure and clean spot(The ground) and make sure you use same size ground wire or larger for the ground wire. If you are using a ring terminal, Make sure you use a washer, then ring terminal, then a washer, then a nut or the bolt. Surface Cleaned to bare metal

Take your time and make sure its a secure and clean spot(The ground) and make sure you use same size ground wire or larger for the ground wire. If you are using a ring terminal, Make sure you use a washer, then ring terminal, then a washer, then a nut or the bolt. Surface Cleaned to bare metal
I've had it all hooked up before and worked just fine. I just muffed something up somewhere putting it back

I agree with audiobaun.
It's 99% a ground issue IMO and the rumble is most often due to a voltage differential between signal components.
Did you previously have adjacent component grounds connected together?
That's preferred to keep the pd/voltage consistent across the various components.
This can also be done using non-fused distribution blocks.

I agree with audiobaun.
It's 99% a ground issue IMO and the rumble is most often due to a voltage differential between signal components.
Did you previously have adjacent component grounds connected together?
That's preferred to keep the pd/voltage consistent across the various components.
This can also be done using non-fused distribution blocks.
I have my big 3 done in 1/0 so I got those grounds done up front. Both amps have their grounds to the reserve batteries on buss bars. Sub amp has 3 sets of inputs for power & ground. Then I have the reserve batteries grounded to the frame in the back underneath the back seat. ( not on the seat belt bolt) any grounds to the frame have been sanded down to bare Shiney metal

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...