What model Subwoofers do you think these are by look?

deadmanrob
10+ year member

I have 2 subs I got a long time ago aluminum cone and 900 watts is on the sony but thats all the info they have on them. By seeing them what model do you think they are?

MTXAudio.jpg

SonyXplod.jpg

neither one is 900rms though. Closer to around 300rms each or less.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

The sony says it right in the picture... ha ha
I don't trust what sony says what so ever.

The MTX is a thunder 6000

^ true dat poly cones.
the mtx is a thunder 8000 has a 3" coil and will handle about 1000rms tops...

the sony is junk...
I thought the 8000 had more "ribs"(8 on the 6000 12 on the 8000) in the cone and the 6000 had less?

^ true dat poly cones.
the mtx is a thunder 8000 has a 3" coil and will handle about 1000rms tops...

the sony is junk...
It is a thunder 6000. The thunder 8000 had a 2.5" coil not a 3" one and I wouldn't give them anymore then rated. They were prone to having tinsel problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.