What Kind Of Sub Is This?

at first i thought some one had taken one of those cheap walmart stereo speakers(from the all in one home stereos they sell) and pushed it up against the hole.lol

If space is a major concern, there are several smaller sub drivers that will fit the bill for you.
But before we get into that, are you looking to save space, or just looking for the 'wow' factor?
I want it to look cool -inside- the car and take up little (if any) trunk space.

I'm really interested in finding out if there are any high quality small (5 1/2" or less) subwoofers available.

Later,

Tom

I want it to look cool -inside- the car and take up little (if any) trunk space.
I'm really interested in finding out if there are any high quality small (5 1/2" or less) subwoofers available.

Later,

Tom
you should look into what i posted. you loose almost no tunk room cause its mounted on the rear deck

you arent going to find a subwoofer that small thats gonna get anywhere as loud as you think it is..

like i said in a previous post, i got the 6.5 tang band subs for sale for pretty cheap and in perfect condition and prolly get "lower" than most 6.5s i've seen.. 13mm xmax , but i dont even think those would be big enough for you..

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387900

you should look into what i posted. you loose almost no tunk room cause its mounted on the rear deck
I watched that video and it was interesting... I even got the song they were playing in it.

I think that system is altogether incompatible with what I want though.

I don't need anywhere near that much power.

Regards,

Tom

you arent going to find a subwoofer that small thats gonna get anywhere as loud as you think it is..
like i said in a previous post, i got the 6.5 tang band subs for sale for pretty cheap and in perfect condition and prolly get "lower" than most 6.5s i've seen.. 13mm xmax , but i dont even think those would be big enough for you..

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387900
I don't know what you mean by your first comment.

I never said I wanted to rattle any windows or whatever?

I just want something attractive looking that can also add a bit more depth to my current system's range.

I dunno... I just like the appearance of that guy's set up with the fiberglass enclosure concealed behind the armrest?

In fact, I went to my stereo guy today and got an estimate on installing something similar to that in my own car - $800

I think I may request he use one of those CSS SDX7's that Loud3 mentioned in post #17 unless anyone has a better idea?

$100 seems pretty inexpensive to me - especially considering the fact I initially thought everything would cost somewhere between 2-3 times as much.

Do you guys not like brands like Polk/Rainbow/Boston Acoustics? Don't they offer any 6.5" subs?

Or is the difference in quality between Focal & CSS products really so negligible?

Very curiously,

Tom

I watched that video and it was interesting... I even got the song they were playing in it.
I think that system is altogether incompatible with what I want though.

I don't need anywhere near that much power.

Regards,

Tom

he is only running a total of 300rms to all 4 subs, thats not alot. plus you dont need 4 of them to add some depth to your music.

I don't know what you mean by your first comment.
I never said I wanted to rattle any windows or whatever?

I just want something attractive looking that can also add a bit more depth to my current system's range.

I dunno... I just like the appearance of that guy's set up with the fiberglass enclosure concealed behind the armrest?

In fact, I went to my stereo guy today and got an estimate on installing something similar to that in my own car - $800

I think I may request he use one of those CSS SDX7's that Loud3 mentioned in post #17 unless anyone has a better idea?

$100 seems pretty inexpensive to me - especially considering the fact I initially thought everything would cost somewhere between 2-3 times as much.

Do you guys not like brands like Polk/Rainbow/Boston Acoustics? Don't they offer any 6.5" subs?

Or is the difference in quality between Focal & CSS products really so negligible?

Very curiously,

Tom
fiberglassing some comps behind your armrest is kind of pointless and useles. i mean you can do it for some subs if you want the appearance.

as for fosgate doesnt make any 6.5" subs that im aware of.

jl does but they are twice the cost of the tangbands

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.