What kind of amp for kicker?

Whats a TMA? If you give that sub 500-750rms in a 3ish cube ported box itll pound pretty good.

THere are alot of good amps out there in that range, you can find a good quality amp in that range for less than $200

Is that amp expensive? It looks to be of good build quality and does near rated power (your worried about the 700rms@ 2ohm) since youre single sub can only be wired to 2 or 8 ohm.

If the amp is around $200 ya Id say thats a good deal. How much is it?

If you wanna get a bit more out of your setup though, there are alot of people putting 1000 or even more to the L7, they can take it no sweat.

Just need to find a deal on a good 2 ohm amp

That amp is $200 shipped so I think that's a pretty good deal.

Also I am really confused about the whole ohm thing. The sub that I just bought says its 4-ohms so does that mean when i hook it up to say that TMA amp, is it only going to be getting 400 watts at 4 ohms?

You really shoulda learned that before you bought the sub lol. Your sub has 2 seperate voice coils, each rated @ 4ohm. But wiring them in parallel with eachother will give your amp a 2ohm load. It will have 2+ connections, and 2 - connections.

Wire it up like this ( the + and - on the left, go to your amps + and - )

15581613.jpg

And you will give the sub 700 watts, which will be fine

Hope that helped, if you need any box help or anything, feel free to pm me, more than happy to help

And $200 shipped is darn good for that amp, if it has a warranty at all (like I said I dont know about the build quality Ive never seen it before) Id scoop it for this sub for sure

And to give ya reference, my subs are also dual voice coil 4 ohm each. But there are differernt wiring configurations you can wire them to parallel or series, to give your amp different ohm loads. WHatever final ohm load your amp sees, is the power it will produce, less resistance (lower ohm), more power.

Thank you so much for your help bro, seriously!

Also, would you put this in a sealed or ported box?

You seem like you know your stuff very very very well, so I'm gonna go with whatever you say!

Thank you so much for your help bro, seriously! Also, would you put this in a sealed or ported box?

You seem like you know your stuff very very very well, so I'm gonna go with whatever you say!
Kickers dont like sealed box's much.

my l5's are in ported box's 3.1 cubes per sub tuned to 34hz

Kickers dont like sealed box's much.my l5's are in ported box's 3.1 cubes per sub tuned to 34hz
Two things, what is the minimal amps that should be put in these and i just bought this L5 in a sealed box from this guy and it wasnt hitting as hard as i thought. If i get a ported box how much of a difference would i see. Heres photos tell me if anything looks bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.