What kind of amp do I have? (MA Audio HC4002)

If you sell shoes, do you mind if I ask "how" you obtained this brand new older model amplifier? Do they have more? What kind of shoes do you sell? Other than just the kind that go on feet.... LOL... I see that one coming guys...

A high current Class AB amp has a decent sized power supply to help a good strong output section pass more current to your speakers at lower impedance (ohms) loads. A regular non-high current design class AB amplifier has a weeny power supply just good enough to provide current and voltage to a higher working voltage output section that will never see (never recommended to see anyway) lower than around 4 ohms impedance.
Basically, it's more rugged, and will produce more power at lower impedances if it is a "High Current" amplifier.
Makes sense, thanks.

Edit: I got this amp from a friend who moved out and left it at his old house, told me I can come pick it up.

i sold ma audio for a few yrs. those amps were shiny chrome someone random orbited it. the one corner is bend in the end pix too. they never made rated power. when they went to the hksx newer model they make ALOT more power. i still have a hk401sx in my 1 car and a hk602sx in my closet. the 602 is a very strong amp for class a/b.

really.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...