What is up with Soundstream

Specific to exactly what the amp is. A buyer looks at a site and sees a **** ton of SS amps many of which claim the same power but at wide ranging prices, 2000w from SS can cost from like 250 to 500$ depending on the amp you get.
This is true about the website, it lacks an explanation to the difference between some of the series.... this is something I've been telling them about but they already are having problems just updating the **** thing so idk. But for the most part, what it comes down to is your paying for the sq and size of the amp...

Hell steve mick used to have 16 PCA2000's and he told me he had no problem with them putting out their rated power, and used them because they were the cheapest and the sq didnt matter to him because his van was doing 160+... he did say they were kinda ugly though which I agree with him on that

Who ever said SS new stuff is junk is an idiot. Even there lower end stuff is solid for the money. My dtr compared to an aq2200 well the aq is up for sale so that says it all. SS has made a come back so if you dont have experience with their products keep it to yourself

I ran the dtr2200's at 0.36ohm for over a month with no problems at all ran great and now passed it to a friend whos running it at 2ohm. DTR is good, and the XXX series are great IMO

Again, I hear nothing but good reviews from Reference users. Same for Rubicon.

I only hope Epsilion can revive PPI with similiar success as they have had with SS. They must be selling a ton of Sedona stuff as I see it popping up everywhere. I haven't seen any Power Class yet but, it may be slower getting into stores, I don't know. The whole Art Series thing was a complete fiasco and I am glad they killed that nameplate. People would have been comparing the 'new' Art stuff against the old and it would have done nothing but create controversy. I look for that middle line to be a space saving, all D class full-range and sub amp series.

This is true about the website, it lacks an explanation to the difference between some of the series.... this is something I've been telling them about but they already are having problems just updating the **** thing so idk. But for the most part, what it comes down to is your paying for the sq and size of the amp...

Hell steve mick used to have 16 PCA2000's and he told me he had no problem with them putting out their rated power, and used them because they were the cheapest and the sq didnt matter to him because his van was doing 160+... he did say they were kinda ugly though which I agree with him on that
Yeah.. Well I'm glad to have seen this thread pop up because it reassured me in soundstream //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The SS website helps out a bit. though I am really glad to hear that SS is quality they have been getting horrible rep. on this site.

SoundStream takes care of its users as well... plus there are many members of our Team who would love to help on the forums etc

I don't know about all the soundstream lines but the rubicon is good. I bought the 5 channel because it has built in crossovers that you can actually run tweeters high enough and a bandpass function for the mids.

I currently run 4 Soundstream Splx-hx2 15"s in my yukon and you won't hear anything negative about them one bit... They get nuts on decent power as well. I just wish they made a DTR amp bigger than the 3400... and their customer service was extremely quick to help any way they could.

How do you like your Audiopipe?
Overall I like it especially when I paid $320 for it shipped. The finish is smooth and the black shroud that looks like it covers the amp is made of metal(I thought it was plastic). It came with an external blade style fuse holder and the remote bass knob is also made of metal. The sound is good, bass isn't as "warm" as a BIG class AB amp but it definitely sounds better than my old Crossfire CFA1000D(the first 1000 watt class D amps ever made). The only thing I don't like about it is the appearance, it looks like it belongs in an eco-friendly round bubbly car or an IKEA store, I guess what I'm trying to say is it doesn't look menacing or sexy.

It is best to run the AP30001D with two extra batteries plus the one up front if you're using a stock alternator. It can eat as much current as an USA-2000X.

This thread makes me want to run Soundstream. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Farmacist, hook me up with some deals //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.