what is the tuning

Participant count
  • Participant list
well get the internal measurements and figure the volume of the box ((lxwxd)/1728) = volume of box....w/ that u can then to go a site like http://www.the12volt.com and use their port calulator and enter in the volume, the freq. u plan to tune it to, and the diameter of the port u wanna use and it will give u the port length

Originally posted by Goddyd4me well get the internal measurements and figure the volume of the box ((lxwxd)/1728) = volume of box....w/ that u can then to go a site like http://www.the12volt.com and use their port calulator and enter in the volume, the freq. u plan to tune it to, and the diameter of the port u wanna use and it will give u the port length
I already know the port length, 13.25...

I had to shorten my box by 1 1/2 inches so it thew my port calculations(that I got from trixter) off. My original port was 14.5 H x 2 w x14 deep the tuning with the box I had was 32 hz with that port. By shortening my box it threw that tuning outta whack, so I shortened the port a little bit, and now was wondering what the tuning would be, same height and width, just shortened to 13.25 with a different volume...again the box measurements this time internal are 29.25 l x 14.5 h x 16.5 D...thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.