What is the loudest records holding subwoofer\subwoofers in size.

On the issue of keeping the coil linear, I once saw a woofer that had a spider on the bottom end of the coil. Does that not work well? Or is it just an unexplored idea?
All about deflection..

However all the spiders in the world with literally NO deflection would still have issues in these cars...the boxes by nature build a lot of pressure spots that either cause the soft part arrangement to fail (cone shatter, no matter what material it is) or a surround blows off...or the spiders eat themselves..

Pretty much name it, you have to overbuild the heck out of subs to get them to hold up to the extreme pressures //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Regardless of where the spiders are, or how many of them there are, the cone/coil assembly is still going to rock.

really.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.