What Is The Best Way To Wire These?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SilverLade
10+ year member

Ok guys new to the forums, but very familiar with audio stuff. I have an 05 Silverado single cab with a Pioneer headunit, I'm currently installing Kicker KS series component speakers. I just wanna get your thoughts on wiring them up? Let me word that better, I am putting one set in the doors and another set in the kick panels with Q-forms. I want to wire them the easiest way possible without putting too low of an ohm load on my amp (600 watt 4 channel) the speakers are 4 ohm. I hope I gave enough detail to get a good answer! Thanks in advance guys!

Planet Audio Vortex MOSFET 4-Channel Power Amplifier VX3004

Max Power (2 Ohms) 150W X 4

RMS Power (4 Ohms) 75W X 4

Bridged Power (4 Ohms) 300W X 2

Signal-to-Noise Ratio 102db

Frequency Response 20Hz - 20KHz

Dimensions 10-5/8"W x 2-7/16"H x 14-3/4"L

Some specs for the amp I have

Thanks man, now if you don't mind how about wiring them into the door? I want to wire the kick panel speakers into the door speakers, if I just tap into the factory door speaker wires will this affect the ohm load, sound quality or any of that?

Stock wiring ***** huh?? I've put thought into this before but now I may have a good reason to do it, just cut it off behind the head unit and run some new stuff to the doors??

Stock wiring ***** huh?? I've put thought into this before but now I may have a good reason to do it, just cut it off behind the head unit and run some new stuff to the doors??
No reason to cut the stock speaker wire. You'll be sending signal to the amp via RCAs. From there, you'll just run new speaker wire to the speakers. Can just leave all stock stuff in place.

You shouldn't be near that wiring anyway, you should have RCA's going from the HU to the amp, then the speaker wire goes from the amp to the speaker.

I gotcha now! Man I feel kinda like duhhhhh on that one! I will definatley do this and finish up this installation very soon now that I have some very helpfull information!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.