what is the best sound

Most likely that 340 watts is maximum output, and if that is maximum output, it would most likely be clipping at that point. Boss isnt as terrible as most people think, just about every company overrates their products nowadays. I have used some of their products in the past, and they were solid. You can ignore the max ratings on any product. Your best bet is to go by the RMS watt ratings, this is a more accurate figure of how much power you will get most of the time.

You can look to get 10-15w out of most headunits. Panasonic has a deck that will output 25w I believe.

Thoughts about Boss: I wouldn't use them. Cheaply made, poor quality components, etc. There is a reason they are cheap.

Alpines HU's that need to be wired directly to the battery put out their rated RMS or atleast very close, But just buy an amp, a profile will set you back 60 bucks.

yea Panasonic i believe tested the hgihest for power per channel deck alpine claims 26wrms per channel but thats a bit overrated its more like 16 close to it. However one company i've seen actually gives you the true ratings such as Clarion but im nto sure if they still do I know they use to.

not worth it, imo...

once you've gone to proper external power, you'll never go back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

trust me, i was there once...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.