What is better, Jensen or Optimus?

definetly jensen, but they both still **** horribly....i would rahter buy a cheap hooker than buy jensen or optimus....

there are people on here would wuold beg to differ....

Jensen is the more reputable name, and ifor a first system, in a budget situation, i wouldn't think for more than a few seconds about putting it together with some of their higher end products...

I read on here someone who runs a shop and set upa system for someone with jensen subs, (or maybe it was for their friend? i cant remeber) and it sounded great...

as many on here say, It's ALL about the install!

so in short, get teh jensen, and put them in decent boxes with clean power, not too much, but not too little either, i would go right around waht the manufactuirer suggests... if not even a little bit lower (50 watts) may help tehm with some of the reliability issues...

basically, anything can sound good, and anything can sound crappy... its all in the installation...

Yea it was me that installed the Jensens and I will tell you I was quite impressed. Dont listen to these other guys who have never hooked them up or if they have did it wrong. The only thing wrong with them is they seem not to last over 3-4 years but if you dont treat them like **** they should last. I installed a pair of 12s and threw em i a 2.0 sealed serprete chambered box wired them in 2ohms on a rockford fosgate 150@2 and they are taking that and want more. He is hitting in the high 130s. And his setup is better than most if not all punch z, mtx 4000s, kicker comps and alot of other entry level subs. I mean yes they are not as efficent as some of the others but I am thinking all you want is just pretty much a good decent system that is cheap and hits pretty nicly and is actully alot better sub than other this is the sub for you. I mean I actully am fond of some of thier procucts I actully have one of thier mp3 cd players in my truck it was cheap and actully has held up but I like it and is actully more powerful than my sony I had in it. All id comes down to is install casue yes if a sub is installed wrong they will sound like **** I have seen the best subwoofers sound like ass if they are not installed right they wont sound right so I say what the hell go for the jensens but do take time and do install right maybe put them on a rockford 200@1 amp should surprse you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.