What is a GOOD beginner amp?

To do what with ?

Agree with ranger.. want bass? get a JBL .1 amp...

If you where not planning in pumping up your bass but rather instead mid and high then just dont get a xxx.1 amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

4 channel or 2 channel... Altho I hate it when people come over here and say "Whats a good amp to start?" Mean like... how are we supposed to know what kinda nutcase you are ? Most of the times I gave people advice like this I ended up with nasty comments couz they bought a 600.1 amp on 2 10" subs and have a big bass without a balanced mid/high sound....

If you'r planning to go a long way the JBL600.1 (or 1200 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif) are a good place to start couz your next expansion is done by another amp. If you just want good powered sound but no bang bang then just get a 5 channel amp or a 4 channel amp and expand it with an active enclosed sub at a later time

either way, the best thing to do is just get shitloadz of money and then get shitloadz of amps, subs and speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i hear fisher-price makes a good beginner amp. the training wheels are easily removable for system expansion. lol.:p

I would say get yourself a decent four channel amp that you can bridge the channels. I.E. bridge the front channels or rear channels seperately. That way you could power what ever you wanted. If somewhere down the line you decide to get a sub. You could bridge the rear channels. And use the front channels for the mids and highs. Just a thought. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I was going to suggest the Lanzar vibe series too. I recommend the 430 though. It's rated for 100x4, it's probably realistically around 80x4 and I've seen bench tests that found it to be 296x2 bridged. It would be great for a mid power single sub and a nice pair of fronts. http://www.discountave.net has them for $150 shipped new.

Before you think about asking what is a good one you have to see what you have to push like walts because if you get somthing that is good for the money but makes your **** sound bad then you have a problem so first find out what you are pushing then tell me E-mail me and ill tell you what to go with

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.