What hz is this

mudflap91
10+ year member

Florida
What is the hz on the song "Boom Boom Pow" by the Black Eyed Peas? The section I am talking about is around the 25-26 second mark. My sub goes flat with almost no bass. I am guessing it is lower than my sub box is tuned (I think 32hz). Just before that part, it really hits hard.

Skimming through the decaf version of it the lowest i'm finding is 29-30hz. What part of the song is that low part? You can't really hear 25Hz, by the way.

Im pretty sure you can?
I said you "can't really", implying that it's not very obvious to hear. Once you start dropping down into the 20's it becomes pretty hard to actually hear some of the frequencies unless you have plenty of cone area

What is the frequency on the song "Boom Boom Pow" by the Black Eyed Peas? The section I am talking about is around the 25-26 second mark. My sub goes flat with almost no bass. I am guessing it is lower than my sub box is tuned (I think 32hz). Just before that part, it really hits hard.
Think thats what you where going for there OP

I can play 27 hz, you can't hear it, you can feel it.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

I can play 27 hz, you can't hear it, you can feel it.
Should I say, I can't hear it. All I hear is my sunroof flapping.

Thanks for the fix. Frequency is the word I was looking for. The output at that part doesn't feel like much in my Tahoe. Could it be maybe my subsonic filter is too high? Not real sure how to set it. I set my gains using a DMM. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the fix. Frequency is the word I was looking for. The output at that part doesn't feel like much in my Tahoe. Could it be maybe my subsonic filter is too high? Not real sure how to set it. I set my gains using a DMM. Any suggestions?
Never been all that great with the SS my self... my box at 31 hz hits it all pretty well...

I can hear 25hz and up just fine.......it's that 20 to 23hz shit that scares me though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Anyone who can't hear 25hz simply can't play it very well. 25 and up is very easy to hear if your setup can actually get that low with some authority. Below 25hz it gets alot harder and hitting much below that with enough authority to keep it audible is pretty difficult. I've got 2 15's tuned to 25hz at the moment and what you can hear and what you can feel aren't the same thing. the last note of "put on" slowed down is in the teens I think... I can't hear that note but you can feel the pressure on your ears all over and it feels kinda strange..

I may have some canceling at a certain frequency. It does something similar on "Echo" by Gorilla Zoe.
Unless i'm looking at the wrong part of the song, that is 35Hz, which you should be hitting with no issues. What about "Lost" by zoe?

Anyone who can't hear 25hz simply can't play it very well. 25 and up is very easy to hear if your setup can actually get that low with some authority. Below 25hz it gets alot harder and hitting much below that with enough authority to keep it audible is pretty difficult. I've got 2 15's tuned to 25hz at the moment and what you can hear and what you can feel aren't the same thing. the last note of "put on" slowed down is in the teens I think... I can't hear that note but you can feel the pressure on your ears all over and it feels kinda strange..
Assuming we're talking about the same slowed version (90% of original), that is 25Hz (original is 28hz)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mudflap91

10+ year member
mudflap91
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from