Do i...

Why do people assume underpowering a sub is such a terrible thing? You are pretty close to their RMS range, what are you worried about?
because i want it to be efficient, if i cant get them moving, id rather get a set of subs i can unlock more of their potential

A speakers output does not go up exponentially as you get closer to the RMS rating of said speaker. These on that AQ2200 should be just as loud to the ear as any other pair of 15s on that amp, assuming they are in the correct box.

A speakers output does not go up exponentially as you get closer to the RMS rating of said speaker. These on that AQ2200 should be just as loud to the ear as any other pair of 15s on that amp, assuming they are in the correct box.
i understand this, but its all about getting those last tenths out on the TL lol

Big+caps+%252804%2529.jpg

get these youll be ok then

The 3500 can easily take one AQ2200d each daily and then some.

Now you will be fine with 2 at .5ohms with just the one amp, but be careful of clipping while driving the amp hard.

thank you for the type of reply i was after!
No problem!

If you can and get the chance, try just one 3512 on your amp. Iam back to running the 2 amps in my sig on my 3512 now.

Iam getting just a tad (clamped) over 1400 watts per amp, per coil now. (box rise is about 2.2 per coil @ testing FQ)

Im going after a lot of cone area, my car doesnt get very loud, im considering going with 2500 series instead, so i can better power them
That would be the perfect amount of power for the 2500's.

Though, the 3500 is a whole different beast vs the 2500's.

If you are going for SPL and decide to use the 2500's, try and get them with the extra stiff option. They already have a lower FS so the stiff option will not hurt much.

I have the stiff option as well as the SC option on my newer 3512. I also have an older(same motors) stock 3512 and I can't really tell any sound difference between the two. What I can tell is that the newer one can take more power and abuse.

The only difference between the 2, besides the options on the new one, is the foam surround. The new style is much larger.

Bong kong song wrong long young toung rung hung sung lung mung lump

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Oh n a dum[p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BlactimusCrime

10+ year member
NUT HUGGERS UNITE!!!
BlactimusCrime
Your mom's port, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date