What head unit to get? Under $100.

Neusch22

Hello, I recently purchased four 6x8 infinity 6832cf door speakers for my 2004 ford escape. I'm also looking to purchase a new head unit to go along with the speakers. I'm currently looking to keep the price under $100 as I'm on a low budget. A few brands that have caught my eye so far are jvc, Sony and kenwood. Could I get a few suggestions and/or info to help me with my decision. Thanks.

Alpine or pioneer. Just changing the HU won't do that much good unless you don't have USB or other stuff. Sound wise or power wise you won't get much.
Completely ignorant. The Headunit is the single most important part of an install. It is the source. You have a cheap headunit its going to sound like crap. You have a great headunit the signal to the speakers will be great.

OP Ill give you $1. Whats for sale?

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

My one friend has a boss and claims it works well for him, however I have heard a lot of bad things online. Boss is definitely a bad buy for sure?
Yes, it is cheap for a reason. They are flea market junk. Boss, Pyle, Pyramid, Soundstream headunits are all garbage.

With your budget you wont get much, thats why i said just pick whatever calls your attention as long as your avoiding the brands stated.
Yup. For $100 you wont get much. You will need to pick and choose what features you get. When you start spending $2-$300 on a headunit you can be a bit more picky.

Look around on CL, I got a decent Alpine HU a week ago for $30 ......got a pioneer for $35, got a pioneer with ipod interface for $45, ect .....

CL is your friend when on a shoestring budget. Just do some homework ..... I've built whole systems for under 200 off of CL finds ......

Completely ignorant. The Headunit is the single most important part of an install. It is the source. You have a cheap headunit its going to sound like crap. You have a great headunit the signal to the speakers will be great.
OP Ill give you $1. Whats for sale?

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Yes, it is cheap for a reason. They are flea market junk. Boss, Pyle, Pyramid, Soundstream headunits are all garbage.
It's a $100 Headunit with probably less power than his stock. Also the stock is factory EQed for that car and that equipment. I'm pretty sure I know a thing or two. Stop trying to correct me and think about what's going on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.