What happened?

AConnelly09
10+ year member

Maryland Class of '13
I was driving with my buddy listening to a song at my normal loud listening volume. The first song played fine. The next song starts and all of a sudden I hear a really loud screech come from my engine, my sub stops playing. My check engine light also came on, but has since turned off on its own. Any idea what happened? I think my alternator is 70amps, if it matters. I checked all my connections and they are all fine so its not as simple as that.

My setup is as follows:alpine swr1242d, mb quart dsc1000.1, running at 2 ohms in a 1997 civic ex.

And my amp protect light is not on.

Thanks.

Does your amp power on, does your radio work
Yup. The yellow light next to power comes on as usual as well as the red light on the top.

And yeah, the music plays fine out of my speakers, just nothing whatsoever from the sub.

Low voltage, clipping real bad, bad ground, sub blows, there are a bunch of different reasons
I have a brand new (1 month) battery, so the only one out of these that seems plausible is the ground. Is there a way to check if my ground is good with a dmm?

And if I had a bad ground would the amp go into protect mode?

I have a brand new (1 month) battery, so the only one out of these that seems plausible is the ground. Is there a way to check if my ground is good with a dmm?And if I had a bad ground would the amp go into protect mode?
This.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

AConnelly09

10+ year member
Maryland Class of '13
AConnelly09
Baltimore, MD
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date