What happened to Sonic?

LoudSound

Senior VIP Member
Toronto
Sonic used to have good stuff, now they just have junk. why tho? what's stopping you guys from stocking up on some quality speakers? and not that mainstream weak junk. it's not like actual quality speakers are that much more expensive than the junk from mainstream brands.

Btw if you want that cheap crossover you sent me by mistake instead of my amp back you're gonna have to give me money for shipping. I refuse to pay for your mistakes, even if you say you're gonna refund me later.

am I really gonna spend $40-50 upfront to send you back a $50 crossover and then you promise to refund me?? it doesnt make sense. I am not in USA thats why..

at least I got refunded for the amp..

Just saying if you want your crossover it's here. come pick it up or send me a check that will cover shipping. I'll send you the item and the change in the box.

Again, very unprofessional to ask a customer to use THEIR money to ship you back an order that YOU messed up. Maybe it was just the rep being a drone that they are, just going by the script.. I understand, but don't ask Canada customers to pay up front to ship you back a messed up order. It ain't gonna happen. All I wanted was my amp, nstead I got a flimsy box with a $50 crossover in it. Close, but nah.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at a refurbished head unit their website said would not fit my vehicle, and would not come with install gear. Crutchfield's website said it would fit. I emailed to verify the fit and even pointed out that their own website said the non refurbished one would fit. Their response "Well, it's refurbished and because it is used the sides could be banged up and not fit right. We will include the install gear for your vehicle but can't promise it will fit". If it's a factory refurbished, it should be like new, not banged up. I passed on that deal just because of the nonsense I went through.

*I paraphrased that quote, I didn't want to dig through my email for a direct quote, but that's the gist.

I have gotten refurbs/returned gear sent to me on several occasions as "new". Sometimes they are good about it and then sometimes they try to give you an extended warranty to get you to take the beat up gear anyway. I have had good experiences with them though too. If the price is really good there's probably a reason why.

I was looking at a refurbished head unit their website said would not fit my vehicle, and would not come with install gear. Crutchfield's website said it would fit. I emailed to verify the fit and even pointed out that their own website said the non refurbished one would fit. Their response "Well, it's refurbished and because it is used the sides could be banged up and not fit right. We will include the install gear for your vehicle but can't promise it will fit". If it's a factory refurbished, it should be like new, not banged up. I passed on that deal just because of the nonsense I went through.
*I paraphrased that quote, I didn't want to dig through my email for a direct quote, but that's the gist.
Sorry for bringing up an old post, but Sonic's system of advising future customers that certain products will fit in their vehicle is totally wrong. Take my vehicle for example, which is a 2002 Toyota 4runner. The stock speakers that came in the rear doors of that vehicle are 4". The max fitment that my rear doors can take for speakers w/out some type of modification is 5.25", but when you type in the vehicle's year, make and model in their "What will fit your vehicle" it will pull up that my rear doors can accommodate 6.5" speakers. You will have to do a lot of modifications to your rear doors if you're mechanically inclined. Plus w/ the 6.5" speakers, it will be to big for your windows to be able to clear and will hit the magnet if you try to roll the windows down. Also, it also shows that single DIN speakers will only fit my vehicle and that double DINs might fit but will have fitment issues. I've got a double DIN installed w/ no fitment issues whatsover

yeah we should by as much as we can from cab after they refunded yahhhyahh's$ and gave him 2 free Ev3 bstock 15's... if i ever get a new sub i'll get it there, wish i could afford sundown 1000 bstock..

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah we should by as much as we can from cab after they refunded yahhhyahh's$ and gave him 2 free Ev3 bstock 15's... if i ever get a new sub i'll get it there, wish i could afford sundown 1000 bstock..
You sure love spreading that around don't ya.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LoudSound

Senior VIP Member
LoudSound
Toronto
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from