What happened to Alphasonik?

digital audio is old it was audiobahn's economy line like 10 years ago if there ever was a low end audiobahn as far as who owns them now i wouldn't know that.but 1 thing is for sure DEI ruined ppi and orion. MTX ruined xtant and now that power acoustik owns soundstream they **** WHAT HAPPENED TO HANDCRAFTED IN AMERICA!!!!!!
cheap companies to compete with for one and labor costs for two and many of the pioneer companies were owned by enthusiests that got old or died etc for three.

thats not totally true at all,Alphasonik have some very solid amps. people sometime make blanket statments becuase of the association with Audiobahn, now Audiobahn made some shitty subs but their amps were ok.

yea sweet old trhead i had the the 2400at 1 ohm amp it was nice but didnt compare to the orion 2500d i had right after... my buddy runs a single 12 and its pretty loud.

they have a new line of amps and subs for 2010
did they change anything but color? any better?
colors look the same...unless im missing sumthing?

They are under all new ownership as "Alphasonik inc."

It looks like their top of the line stuff (Mayhem/900) isnt available anymore as well.

I got two of their mid range 15's in a concerete reinforced box in a old ranger extra cab do 153's at 50 hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Surprised they lasted that long.

just to put an end to the question "was alphasonic any good?"

yes!!! i took home multiple iasca trophies in tha so cal area in 1995 with 4 10" kickers and one alphasonic pma-2150 running the subs, and a pma-4050 running kickers seperates, maxed out at 129 db in an iasca max spl competition, and looking at the specs
thd was 0.05% with a 30 amp fuse amps(30) X volts(12-14)= watts 360-420@4ohm and stable down to 1ohm x 2 ch. and bridged 2ohm

compared to the RF punch p500x2
thd was 1.0% the rest are the same in output, voltafe,and amperage.

cost comparison:
alphasonic $179.00
punch $299.00 for the same specs and a higher distortion rate than the alphasonic

i cant find a db comparison on either amps, it is 25 years old data im looking for.. but the punch amps actually caught fire in my car, and the alphasonic melted the plexiglass mounts i had them on, i could have cooked eggs on them but they kept on setting off all the car alarms around my car for the rest of the day.

ive had orion, lanzar, rockford, kicker and alphasonic.. and none could hold a flame to that 300 watt alphasonic amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BumpInDaTrunk

10+ year member
BumpInDaTrunk
New Jersey
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from