What happened to Alphasonik?

Alphasonik was in fact Audiobahn in disguise-- they're owned by the same parent company. Yes, Alphasonik has been around for a while and made nice stuff, yet so has Orion. And now Orion has some shitty products thanks to ownership by DEI.
Richard LeMay, the founder of Orion who passed away in 1993, is probably rolling over in his grave! Good job DEI for purchasing Orion and ruining a great name.

ETA: One of the things I can't understand is how DEI continues to use the HCCA name on Class D amps? IIRC, HCCA stood for High Current Class A. Why on earth should a Class D amp be prefixed with the letters HCCA unless DEI wants to use name recognition to trick the consumer? Sorry for the rant, but I had to get that off of my chest too!

alphsonik owned audiobahn. was their higher product. audiobahn sold to dub. the reason they all have the same specs and close designs is because the tech from memphis went cliff design then to ma audio over to audiobahn which is now alphasonik. i havent spoke to leslie anderson in a while who is the rep for alphasonik 4 louisiana. as far as their website goes who knows maybe they were bought but i have the mayhem 12 and the pma 1200d and it is awesome. plenty of power. my info came from jon linn the memphis rep. bout 1 1/2 yrs. ago about the tech info.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And I always thought it stood for high current cheater amp. Learn something new every day.

Richard LeMay, the founder of Orion who passed away in 1993, is probably rolling over in his grave! Good job DEI for purchasing Orion and ruining a great name.
ETA: One of the things I can't understand is how DEI continues to use the HCCA name on Class D amps? IIRC, HCCA stood for High Current Class A. Why on earth should a Class D amp be prefixed with the letters HCCA unless DEI wants to use name recognition to trick the consumer? Sorry for the rant, but I had to get that off of my chest too!

alphasonik might be be afilliated with audiobahn which aint bad if its the older stuff. but alphasonik's internals look beefier and i mean way beefier than audiobahn's (amps). but fwiw they do rated power and some.

I just bought two alphasonik amps in the past months for a future intsall. I have the pm2300a for my subs and pm2075a for a set of components. I haven't hooked them up yet, still waiting on a few things before I start my project. Are they any good??? Should I keep them and try em out or jus get rid of them for other brands of amps?

The new soundstream stuff is the same as Planet Audio=Boss Audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif, its a shame because they use to have great stuff
me and many others on this site have used planet audio and found them to be a good product. parent company aside that is.

Crazy business //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I was under full sponsorship with them right b4 they folded....the emails started to bounce all of a sudden.

The new soundstream stuff is the same as Planet Audio=Boss Audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif, its a shame because they use to have great stuff

Planet Audio= //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif In my eyes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BumpInDaTrunk

10+ year member
BumpInDaTrunk
New Jersey
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from