what H.I.D kit

it doesn't really matter what brand you get. every HID kit is pretty much the same. they are ballast, with a bulb. that's it. look into waterproof ballast that is plug and play ready like the ones you posted. all in all when it comes down to it. it's going to do the same as every other set. just stay away from super cheap ones that look completely generic.

This is where I bought my H.I.D kit from for my Silverado low and high beams and fogs unfortunately 1 of my ballast for my lows just went out the other day but other than that I have had no problems. I'll post pics when I get home of the hids I have 6000k.

ok yea i am gonna go with 6k for headlights and want the bi xenon so i have lows and highs and i am gonna get 6k for my fogs as well, just worried about the cutoff point since i am using a stock headlight housing

are you running projectors? iirc 01 150's don't have projectors unless they are aftermarket. either way, w/o projejectors there is no cutt-off point, it's nothing but glare.

it's just going to look like this.

6000k_front-613x436_1_-234x154.jpg

el oh el. if you buy those projectors there is no point in running them unless if you do a retrofit.. those projectors will most definetly have worse light output than running stock. if you order those projecters you have a SLIM chance of finding a HID kit that will fit the projector housing due to the light bulb type. even if you find a good HID kit that will fit the projectors you will still have poor output due to the crappy projector that is in the headlight itself.

ok so what do you suggest i do, i want hid conversion kit and i understand being stock housing will be a bad glare and not that good of light output

so wat projectors should i go with, how about the harley davidson oem projectors

or if i do a retro fit and do a hid setup how much would that run me

go here

theretrofitsource.com/forum

learn some about retrofitting the headlights you are talking about. your going to have to find a set of projectors that will fit those headlights. overall cost of everything, headlights, projectors, hid kit, you can end up spending up to 600 bucks.. that's how much it cost me to do mine..

you can buy the headlights now and use them and find an hid kit that will work with them. if you feel yourself that the output if horrible then look into retrofitting them. it took me 2 days after i installed mine to retrofit the projectors mine came with.

yea deff not wanting to go up to 600 looking for around 150 bucks for the hid conversion kit and around 150 for the headlights if needed

how bad is projectors really needed can i keep stock housing and use the hid conversion kit and it be brighter than stock halogen bulb

those harley head lights you posted aren't projector headlights btw..

you don't have to have projectors.. it's just easier on other people and looks better with control of light oputput unlike sticking HIDs into stock headlights.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.