Reliable places for window tint

local ones i have looked at have only been around $100 and just do the cheap film tint i think.

do car dealerships do them>?

I haven't heard of a dealership tinting windows, but it would probably be expensive as ****.

An average tint job costs about $150-$200.

Make sure that they use LLumar with a lifetime warrenty on the film and you'll be ok. Also, if you go past the state's legal limit, they will probably only take cash on your tint job, and provide you with no paper work of said tint job. So have something signed just incase you have to go back so they know they did the job and will have to honor the guarantee on the tint.

local ones i have looked at have only been around $100 and just do the cheap film tint i think.do car dealerships do them>?
if you take your car to a dealership to have them put tint on they'll just take it down the street and have the tint shop do it and then charge you an extra $100.

if you take your car to a dealership to have them put tint on they'll just take it down the street and have the tint shop do it and then charge you an extra $100.
lol. nice avatar btw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I always get color matched tint on my cars //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

blue on blue

green on green

silver on silver

etc....

looks baddass and about 240-300 per car

lifetime one user warranty

I don't live anywhere close to you so I can't give a specific shop. Make sure the shop uses LLumar tint and definetely get metalized tint (not dyed). When you go to a shop, see if it is clean, indoors, looks professional, etc.

has anyone ever heard of ziebarts, blackout, perfect touch, or sunbusters?
ziebarts usually dose a good job.

as said before LLumar is the best window film around along with sungard. they usually offer lifetime labor against fadeing ect..

make sure the tinter has at least 2 or more years of experience

There are lots of very good quality window films.

If you want just a smoked/black tint, look for a metal+dye hybrid that has a manufacturers lifetime warranty against fading, discoloring, peeling, cracking, bubbling, etc etc etc. However, there are fully-dyed (no metal) films that now carry such a warranty, like 3M's Color Stable line.

If you want a slight reflective/mirrored look and you don't have any internally mounted or glass embedded radio, GPS, or satellite radio antennas, go for a full metal film, in which just about all of them carry the lifetime warranty.

List of fully metalized films:

3M - Black Chrome

SunGard - Endurance or Endurance EX

Llumar - Platinum Plus

Solar Gard - HP Quantum

SunTek - InfinityOP

There are others, but those are the only brands I've seen or had experience with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.