What Goes Lower and louder?

BMW Sidewayz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hello fellow car audio friends! I was wondering...

I'm going to use the JL w7s as an example. What is the difference in bass between (2) 8 w7s and (1) 13W7? The total net inches in the (2) 8" w7 subs would be equivalent to 16" wich would be more than (1) 13W7. How does that compare to the (1) 13W7 as far as loudness and low frequency extension? Somewhat like, is it better to have more or just to have less, but bigger. What Would go lower and louder? any info, as always would be greatly appreciated. Whats ur take on this guys? Helotaxi?

Guys your missing my point. which set-up would go lower and louder? The 2 8W7s or the 1 13W7? Isn't it all about moving air? Again which set-up would go louder and lower?

all things being equal

the answer is in the first 2 posts

"sd" = cone area

more cone area = louder

and usually larger subs have better low freq extension...

id say sell the jl's and get some duals though

Guys your missing my point. which set-up would go lower and louder? The 2 8W7s or the 1 13W7? Isn't it all about moving air? Again which set-up would go louder and lower?
Yes, take the square root of Optimus Prime devide by Megatron times the 2nd derrivitive of the Death Star and that will give you the total amount of surface area of the Fi car audio website ww.PHYEdbzzzaudiocartommytuffnuts.org

Yes, take the square root of Optimus Prime devide by Megatron times the 2nd derrivitive of the Death Star and that will give you the total amount of surface area of the Fi car audio website ww.PHYEdbzzzaudiocartommytuffnuts.org
OMFG... Now I know how to get teh massive deeeebeeeeez. Will this formula work the same for a Tahoe???

Thanks that was very helpful. People like you make this forum the BEST forum of all times.

all things being equal
the answer is in the first 2 posts

"sd" = cone area

more cone area = louder

and usually larger subs have better low freq extension...

id say sell the jl's and get some duals though

Thanks for the good response. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.