What equilizer do you use?

i just ordered the 30 band kicker - should be here tomorrow =)

i was thinking about the MA one because it has two channels and crossover settings ect.. but i dont know it seemed like it had too many features for it to be true... esp for the price

and i trusted kickers name more - ill use the one for both channels now but if i ever wanted - i can just buy another kicker for the otehr channel and still wouldnt be that expensive.

EQS746.jpg

it lights up blue around the knobs

$50 at ebay

In Action

I paid about 140 plus instalation fees

The point of an EQ is to run an Real Time Analyzer (RTA, as was already mentioned) w/ its mic at the listening position, then use the EQ to get a flat response out of the system for the listener. That is not a perfect process, but it can help.

But, once someone buys something they can use it for what ever they want, and not many people have (or inclined to get a hold of for a bit) an RTA, so they make it "sound better". This usually involves raising the bottom and top of the frequency range for "bass" and "detail". Or to lower the top, to keep their ears from bleeding at really high volumes, since the ear is more sensitive to certain ranges than others. Or to correct for a learned preference. Or...

...onandonandonandon.

The first paragraph covers the point, though. Well, except beyond the scope of car audio, like say in a Public Address system.

Parametrics are actually more flexible than a standard EQ. If they have enough bands, and adjustable Q, they should be able to tailor the music better than a standard EQ. This is exactly why soiphisticated units like the Alpine 701 have both a sunstantial parametric EQ system, AND 1/3 octave EQ's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

.::DuD3::.

10+ year member
EE in training
.::DuD3::.
Chesafreak, Va
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date