What does ohm mean?

ohms is how electrical resistance is measured....

if you have say a 2 ohm sub woofer, and a 4 ohm stable amp, your amp will fry....when you make your amp see lower ohm loads it will put out more power....example my amp puts out 700 watts at 4 ohm mono, 1060 at 2 ohms mono, and 1510 at 1 ohm.....but the lower the load, the more current draw you will get and the more heat your amp will produce......thats why you have dvc subs and svc subs with a whole wahck of impedances...so you can make your amp see it's suited ohm load...

well.....fiberglass behind the seats may get you your room you need...

check my car out, i run a single 8inch sub up front....nothing in the trunk but amps...

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/tayls

check page 2 for different wiring combos too, then you may understand ohms better

ohm is the short form of oh my god in a negative aspect...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The less oh my God's, more power...vice versa...

:p

jus click the link in my sig about wiring....it should help a bit.....enjoy...basicly ohms determine the amount of power that your amp can put out(based upon wiring and how many ohms the amps see's)

i thknk most everyone hit on the importance of it, I will try to define it for you. Ohm's is a unit to messure resistance in wire, more importantly 1 ohm is equal to 1 amp / 1 volt, or the amount of current per unit of potential difference (ie voltage). Amp have difficaulties when you stray away from the 1ish - 4ish ohm range, and even within that range some have trouble.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.