What do you use?

Klein does make nice tools, I have a pair of their crimpers/strippers and they are top notch electricians gear, got a link to the cutters?
i get all my tools at the local electrical supply house... they carry everything home depot and lowes doesn't and usually a few bucks cheaper on some items...

i'm pretty sure home depot carries the cutters in their klein section though... it's actually something i should get... although at work if i ever come into contact with anything larger than 4g (when my side cutters wont do the job) i use the battery operated cutters...

attachment.php

I use dog toenail clippers for cutting anything 2 gauge and up, just regular scissor style cutters. They can be had for around 6$ a pair, make sure you get the one for large dogs. The clippers i got slice through that copper like butter though. No joke. Also work very well for stripping large wires too

i get all my tools at the local electrical supply house... they carry everything home depot and lowes doesn't and usually a few bucks cheaper on some items...
i'm pretty sure home depot carries the cutters in their klein section though... it's actually something i should get... although at work if i ever come into contact with anything larger than 4g (when my side cutters wont do the job) i use the battery operated cutters...

attachment.php
You a sparky?

We usually use these at work for larger cables, or these would work also. The batt and ratchet cutters are nice, but a little pricey.

Klein tools are the **** for electrical.

You a sparky?
We usually use these at work for larger cables, or these would work also. The batt and ratchet cutters are nice, but a little pricey.

Klein tools are the **** for electrical.
hell no, haha.... i work for D&N Electric LU 613...

and we use copper "bolt style" cutters too but only when cutting up scrap because it leaves a jagged uneven end...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

PaulThompson229

10+ year member
Professional Mooch
PaulThompson229
So. MD
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date