Ring terminals

Nobody's Louder
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey everybody I was wondering as to what kind of ring terminals people generally use. Because The crimping works but ive noticed that over time the wire slowly slides back out. And like streetwires I know some people use the new interlocking screw in method but i know that as well over time with all the rattling that they to will eventually start to unscrew as well. So what do you people generally like to use?

Thanks Seth

the pellets would not work for a normal terminal, they would leak or fall through
I have never used the pellets either, but soldering = FTW //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

If you use the hammer, vise, screw driver and any other non correct way to crimp them, you will take the chance of the wire coming out over time. If you do not have the correct crimper or do not want to solder them, use the compression type connectors. They will be the next best thing.

If you use the hammer, vise, screw driver and any other non correct way to crimp them, you will take the chance of the wire coming out over time. If you do not have the correct crimper or do not want to solder them, use the compression type connectors. They will be the next best thing.
Where could I find compression type connectors never heard of them only the crimping style and interlocking.

I believe Streetwires still sells them. I have a few that I bought 2-3 years ago. I have seen them from other vendors as well.

Yes it is. Maybe not in your ghetto fab world, but in the world of electronics, it is THE WAY. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
on closed end terminals yes, but you should see the way people try to solder on a crimp style term.

99% of the people on here don't solder correctly, use the RIGHT solder, or use the right contacts. and for 00 gauge wire it's easier, cheaper, faster, and better to crimp.

also seeing as i used to worked for a wire manufacturing plant and have done 1k+ pull tests i know that a good crimp is stronger than a solder joint. i will add that the pellet idea is nice and all but i can't see any good reason to use them, as it's slower, more expensive, etc...

can you give me one GOOD reason to solder the contact on vs crimping?

99% of the people on here don't solder correctly or use the right contacts. and for 00 gauge wire it's easier, faster, and better to crimp.
And a lot of people have sex with strangers without a condom too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

That doesn't make it right. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.