What do you think?

Slobalt

CarAudio.com Elite
So I’ve been putting together a system more oriented toward spl. I have RF t1 675-s comps and 8’’ RF pps pro mids for my front stage powered by ppi 900 nothing in the rear (In two door cobalt). For subs I’ve been tossing around different ideas. My most recent thought is I don’t want a ton of weight to haul around. So I’ve been thinking about either giving the new hds3 10’s a chance or try out the sa 8 v2’s a pair of them either way. I have 2000 watts to feed them give or take. What do you guys think. If I went with the hds3’s what size box do you think would be a good for a ported enclosure. That’s my biggest issues I don’t want a 5 cubic foot box in my trunk. If I could fit 12’s in a 3ft^3 box that’s what I would do.

So I’ve been putting together a system more oriented toward spl. I have RF t1 675-s comps and 8’’ RF pps pro mids for my front stage powered by ppi 900 nothing in the rear (In two door cobalt). For subs I’ve been tossing around different ideas. My most recent thought is I don’t want a ton of weight to haul around. So I’ve been thinking about either giving the new hds3 10’s a chance or try out the sa 8 v2’s a pair of them either way. I have 2000 watts to feed them give or take. What do you guys think. If I went with the hds3’s what size box do you think would be a good for a ported enclosure. That’s my biggest issues I don’t want a 5 cubic foot box in my trunk. If I could fit 12’s in a 3ft^3 box that’s what I would do.
You would be fine w 3cu ft with a pair of tens or 12s.Id go w either.Whatever your budget provides.I run a pair of heavy tens in 4 cu ft @32htz,sounds fantastic.For that car,I myself would go with a pair of heavy tens.I think you will be very happy.I had some cheap Lanzar max pro tens in 1.4 cubes box per sub @ 36 htz ea,on an old school Mean Machine 99, and it was insane in a 93 Integra

You would be fine w 3cu ft with a pair of tens or 12s.Id go w either.Whatever your budget provides.I run a pair of heavy tens in 4 cu ft @32htz,sounds fantastic.For that car,I myself would go with a pair of heavy tens.I think you will be very happy.I had some cheap Lanzar max pro tens in 1.4 cubes box per sub @ 36 htz ea,on an old school Mean Machine 99, and it was insane in a 93 Integra
At first I was looking at the HDC3 12 but the box was always around 5cubes. You think i could do hdc3 10's in 3cubes?

At first I was looking at the HDC3 12 but the box was always around 5cubes. You think i could do hdc3 10's in 3cubes?
I don't see why not.Most heavy tens like 1.4 up to 1.6 daily up to 2.0-2.4 ea.,32-38 htz have always been great for me.I have always ran tens,and have been happy with them.Id have tolook up specs on the HDC3 10s,but 3 cubes should be just fine for a pair of those tens,and should take that wattage just fine.IUd get a custome box made with good bracing,and not a prefabbed to serve any justice

I checked into those, hds10's, sq said a set of the tens would thrive in between 2.5 and 3cuft at 30-32hrtz. Their tech support told me that via email. Was going to do that until I realized that I had a set of re se10d4's, twelve spoke version that is. But anyway, you should be fine on 3 cubes.

There's no such a thing as a waste, in terms of high power woofer on low wattage amplifiers.
yes but if he doesnt plan on addimg.more power it doesnt make sense ..trust me the hdc3 is a great woofer ..but its not.meccesary and he can save alot.of money and still have good output without needing the high rms sub...esp when they shine on twice there rms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Slobalt

CarAudio.com Elite
Slobalt
East Coast
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from