What do you all think of this new setup in my Mini Cooper 2010?

andddlay
10+ year member

Michigan
Hello all! First post here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif so sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

I'm a big noob at this whole car audio deal. Just wondering what you all think of this setup, and if I purchased everything (mostly everything is currently in the mail):

New dash kit to fit the head unit

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT head unit

VLYNX HEAVY DUTY 12" Sub Woofer Box Enclosure 3/4" MDF Slim Truck Box (not sure if anything else could fit)

Infinity KAPPAFIVE 50W x 4 + 350W x 1 Class D System Amplifier

Boston Acoustics ProSeries 60SE - Car speaker - 125 Watt - 2-way - component

Boston Acoustics SC60 6.5" Car Audio Component Speake

Boston Acoustics G112-44 (is this powerful enough? not sure if anything else will fit unless I take out a seat)

Metra 70-9003 Radio Wiring Harness for Audi/BMW/VW 2002-Up

Super Cable, 14 AWG, 50 ft., Clear SC1450

MTX PSK04B Single Amp Kit 4 Awg

Thank you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ok why buy everything and then ask about it? why not ask about it 1st before you buy? did you measure the space behind the back seat? this sub will not work very well, it's only a 50rms sub, your amp puts out 350rms. plus it's right at the mounting depth of the box, so it may or may not fit. it might run hotter because of this also. i would suggest measuring the space you have for a sub 1st then find a box to fit that space and pick out a different sub. if you either don't have the room for anything bigger or just wanna stick with that box, then i'd return the sub and pick up this one instead. Amazon.com: Kicker 10cvt122 12 Subwoofer 2 Ohm Compvt: Kitchen & Dining

the rest is good i'd run with it.

ok why buy everything and then ask about it? why not ask about it 1st before you buy? did you measure the space behind the back seat? this sub will not work very well, it's only a 50rms sub, your amp puts out 350rms. plus it's right at the mounting depth of the box, so it may or may not fit. it might run hotter because of this also. i would suggest measuring the space you have for a sub 1st then find a box to fit that space and pick out a different sub. if you either don't have the room for anything bigger or just wanna stick with that box, then i'd return the sub and pick up this one instead.the rest is good i'd run with it.
True, it was rather silly asking, but just thought I'd run it by you all. My apologies.

The box fits - it already arrived at my house, so no troubles there. And as for the G1 rms rating, according to Crutchfield, they have it as 50-200rms. This shouldn't be a problem then, right? Again, forgive me for my lack of knowledge in this area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.