What do i hook up my REM wire to in my stock headunit?

udmm54
10+ year member

Hey guys Im using a PAC OEM 2 loc to hook up my stock head unit to my amp. But im wondering where should I hook up my REM wire to? The LOC says this

The

OEM-2 provides an amplifi er turn on signal. To use, connect the blue/white wire on the OEM-2 input side to one of the positive speaker wires or to any source

that provides 5 volts DC or greater. The blue/white wire on the output side will provide 12 volts to turn on the new amplifi er. Connect the red (+) and black (-) wires

on the input side to switched vehicle power and ground. Adjust the output level controls as needed using a small screwdriver

I wont be using one of my rear speakers(since the other rear speaker leads will go to rcas for a future sub), so can i just connect the Loc turn on to one of my unused + and - speaker wires? thanks

A01: Yellow/Green: Radio Switch

A02: Yellow/Red: ACC (Main stereo power supply)

A03: Green/Red: Radio Remote Switch

A04: Red/White: (Security Input)

A05: Pink: Right Rear Speaker +

A06: Blue/White: Left Rear Speaker +

A07: Green/Yellow: Front Passenger's Door Speaker +, Right Tweeter +

A08: Green/Black: Driver Door Speaker +, Left Tweeter +

A09: Red/Black: Lights-on Signal

A10: White/Green: Constant Power

A11: Brown: Radio Remote Switch Ground

A12: Not Used

A13: Not Used

A14: Not Used

A15: Blue/Yellow: Right Rear Speaker -

A16: Blue/Black: Left Rear Speaker -

A17: Gray: Front Passenger Door Speaker -, Right Tweeter -

A18: Light Green: Driver Door Speaker -, Left Tweeter -

A19: Red: Dash Lights Brightness Controller

A20: Black: Ground

dude he's asking where to tie in a wire when instructions tell him where home run to batt sounds like sure fire hazard

no no my way bypasses the oem so he dont have to worry about it, regualr oems and cd players have 1 volt less signal to the amp, check ur amp and ur voltage on the REM. will be 1 volt lower than ur power wire. so if u run a small 14 gauge wire or so from the battery, to the toggle, then to the remote on amp it will raise up one volt and give you a little more signal. its an spl trick i learned. helps on numbers but is another way of doing the remote wire if ur in a sticky situation

no no my way bypasses the oem so he dont have to worry about it, regualr oems and cd players have 1 volt less signal to the amp, check ur amp and ur voltage on the REM. will be 1 volt lower than ur power wire. so if u run a small 14 gauge wire or so from the battery, to the toggle, then to the remote on amp it will raise up one volt and give you a little more signal. its an spl trick i learned. helps on numbers but is another way of doing the remote wire if ur in a sticky situation
lol I kno what you meant but seriously ? don't you get my point?

omg bass it was a j/k this is the guy that asked "is it ok to use power wire for ground?"

prob wouldn't use fuse or gromet so if arcs out will just keep heating up till, well you kno

d@mn a guy can't even make a joke anymore

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.