What did you have to do to get your 1st system??

lionel2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
PA
My story is simple...I gave a TV to my cousin and he gave me my 1st ever subs....here's how the story goes...we had a garage sale at my grandmother's and i just had one thing to sell...my Nintendo system..man this was like back in 1996 or so...but dont worry game lovers...i bought a another system about a year ago because its so good and collectors item...anyway....i think i got about $75 bucks for all that nintendo stuff i sold...and my cousin was there too selling god knows what...i had no clue that you could put speakers (subs) in a car...so i asked him what are those...he's like those are subs man!!...so as we were leaving to go home..he says do you really want them...i was like heck yeah!!...so we made a trade..without anyone knowing....my mom was trying to sell a TV...never did sell it..so i gave him the TV for (2) MTX thunder 5000's 12's...these were very old school...nice condition...they are 500w max and 250w rms SVC 4 ohm subs...the ones with the gray..not silver..cone...black surround foam...exterminator series...i have never seen anymore of these subs..even on ebay...thats how i got my 1st system...i put them in a sealed box for the 2 12's and put them in my SUV...boy let me tell ya...these things slammed...but i did a i guess dumb thing...i made the box kinda like bandpass...it was completely sealed but i had the subs facing up and i drilled (4) 2 inch circle holes facing the tailgate..give them some breathin room....man the whole tailend rattled..even the liscence plate thingie...lol...not bad for a 1st system...but hey this was 1996...other people had like JL's and whatnot..oh well..tell us how you got your 1st system...thanks...moral to the story: dang you can get alot for just a 12" black and white TV

my first system is pretty much deteriating. I still have the Alpine CDA- 9830 and the Diamond Audio d6 300.4.....I've worked for everything I have and had. I save about 100 dollars every week....sometimes a little more.

i stole my dads credit card and spent about 3 grand. it consisted of orion comp subs, ppi amps, polk components, and kennwood hu. that system cranked like hell. took my stang to circuit city with all this car audio gear and pulled out the ole card. no questions asked. i still got scars from that sh!t !!!

thats the first time i ever ****** D*** for caraudio, but it wasnt the last

i knew you alabama "BOY'S" were a bunch of queers. go **** one- FAGG BOY!!!!

WHY DO GAY PICNICS ****? BECAUSE THE HOTDOGS TASTE LIKE SHIIT!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.