What Did You Buy Today

Seen these pop up for $350 for the pair, so figured I’d get them since the price of stuff keeps climbing, and decent rebuildable subs.

They were listed as Sundown X 18's, look like v2 model, not up to date on all the Sundown models. Anyway, they were listed as one working, and the other needing a recone. The one seems to play fine as I ran it pretty good free air, the “bad” one seemed fine for a minute when I tested it free air, then it sounded like something is rubbing, did not seem to do it at first, so gonna try to dissect it carefully and see if anything got in the pole piece causing rubbing or if the coil is deformed etc, feels alright when moving the cone by hand (they were mounted inverted, so if the surround rubbed too bad causing the cone to shift / coil to hit the top plate, I'd say a better chance the coil is deformed than just some debris, but hopefully I can get it apart carefully to find out).

At any rate, seemed like a fair price for the motors / baskets. I seen these right when they were posted, but sat on it for a week thinking about if I really wanted them. Not much second hand stuff for sale like the old days on the car audio forums, so hard to find current fair value for some of this stuff, and shipping costs are insane, but I figure Sundown easy to sell if I never end up doing anything with them :LOL: . Seriously though, I'll probably build a box for the working one when the weather gets better and run it by itself, and plan on reconing both down the road.

Next to an American Bass Elite 12”.

IMG_6312.JPG

IMG_6309.JPG

That is a scratch by the way, not a crack in the frame.
IMG_6310.JPG

IMG_6311.JPG

Seen these pop up for $350 for the pair, so figured I’d get them since the price of stuff keeps climbing, and decent rebuildable subs.

They were listed as Sundown X 18's, look like v2 model, not up to date on all the Sundown models. Anyway, they were listed as one working, and the other needing a recone. The one seems to play fine as I ran it pretty good free air, the “bad” one seemed fine for a minute when I tested it free air, then it sounded like something is rubbing, did not seem to do it at first, so gonna try to dissect it carefully and see if anything got in the pole piece causing rubbing or if the coil is deformed etc, feels alright when moving the cone by hand (they were mounted inverted, so if the surround rubbed too bad causing the cone to shift / coil to hit the top plate, I'd say a better chance the coil is deformed than just some debris, but hopefully I can get it apart carefully to find out).

At any rate, seemed like a fair price for the motors / baskets. I seen these right when they were posted, but sat on it for a week thinking about if I really wanted them. Not much second hand stuff for sale like the old days on the car audio forums, so hard to find current fair value for some of this stuff, and shipping costs are insane, but I figure Sundown easy to sell if I never end up doing anything with them :LOL: . Seriously though, I'll probably build a box for the working one when the weather gets better and run it by itself, and plan on reconing both down the road.

View attachment 55302

View attachment 55304

View attachment 55305

View attachment 55306

At 350 for the pair working or not as long as the baskets and motors had no issue I would have bought them in a heart beat and ripped them apart immediately and rebuilt them my way. You got a great deal on those!

View attachment 55302

View attachment 55304

View attachment 55305

View attachment 55306
Yeah that's an insane deal. I also bought my Sundown subs on discount. Ended up having to recone one. If you recone the bad one, you're at about the same price as a single X 18 new, which is wild.

I'd love to upgrade to 18s...jealous. Nice find!

Looks like Precision Power (PPI) is clearing out their amps. I purchased an A1800.1D and an A700.4D for $240, for both. The PC amps are clearing out also. I went with the Atom series due to the mounting option.

41m5acf7D7L._SX522_.jpg

514itU3rqSL._SX522_.jpg

Looks like Precision Power (PPI) is clearing out their amps. I purchased an A1800.1D and an A700.4D for $240, for both. The PC amps are clearing out also. I went with the Atom series due to the mounting option.

41m5acf7D7L._SX522_.jpg

514itU3rqSL._SX522_.jpg
Dammned!! Sweet! I deff dont need any more amps atm. but be a great way to get some power in a vehicle rather than stock

I will admit, after reading that political joke, I was a little stunned. There's another forum, I visit, that will suspend you just for mentioning any political. I was suspended for a week because I mentioned what political party I lean towards.
This is a car audio site. Your political leanings or opinions really have no place here. Your car audio doesn't check your political leaning before it starts to play. IJS

2 losing Mega Millions tickets!!! So happy that they were not winners. It really would complicate my life.

That reminds me of that guy who won a free ticket on a scratcher. He sent it back in, with his underage son, to redeem his free ticket. That ticket turned out to be a $1,000,000 winner. However, due to him sending in his underage kid to get it, he technically wasn't the winner. His son was the winner, but he was underage, so nobody ended up winning the money.

Talk about a crushing outcome. Too lazy to get your own ticket just cost you $1,000,000.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...