What deadener for roof?

SpeedEuphoria
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
BCM
I'm pretty cheap and can make things work, but worried about using something sub par on my roof under the headliner.

This 03 stratus Coupe is a tin can and the roof resonates like crazy . I'm only running a single Diamond D6 15" ported and 800rms per DMM. On some notes/songs at 1/2 volume the roof resonates and sounds like a$$.

The trunk is similar but not as audible from inside. I was going to get something like eDead for the trunk since I can get a deal on it and can spray adhesive/heat if needed(not really worried about it falling.

Also was looking at Raamat, not sure if thats OK on the roof?

But the roof I dont want to mess with it falling.

Long time ago I used regular dynomat on everything roof included and never had an issue(other than reinstalling it to another car it would'nt stick like when it was fresh)

So is eDead/Raamat OK on the roof?

I know there are a ton of haters here, I can weed that out so post away

I did the roof of my silverado in raamat bxt2. Been through numerous 105+ degree days and no problems. Use a butyl based deadener and you should be fine. Spray foam also works well. I filled in the bracing of the roof with it. You can hit the roof and it doesnt give a bit.

^ true dat. what i would do is take ur seat out get a drop cloth. the spray glue a layer of fiberglass mat to the room then brush on resin. this will stiffen!

Yep, fiberglassing the roof would stiffen it well. Ive been recommending that to people for years now. But spray expanding foam in some strategic places might do nearly as good of a job too, depending on the construction of that particular roof.

right havent taken the headliner off yet, will check it out

what kind of foam do you recommend? brand?

I've used expanding foam in the past in another car, just cheaper stuff in a can from lowes

I know from a performance aspect people do this to frame rails and structural parts to handle better, but they recommend against the cheaper stuff from lowes

here:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=162693

try some audiowrap there is a free license plate sample kit the owner Tim will send you to check it out. it defiantly is a great product ive used second skin for years and was hesitant to try a new product and when i did i was amazed by how great it worked. and the price isnt too bad wit the promotion going on. also the new 10mil version will be the best when it comes out.

here is a video of the product

yeah not doing peel n seal on the roof

prob not anywhere

you think the resin is a good idea for the trunk also?

on my last project years ago I just did original dynomat in the trunk then sprayed rubberized undercoating everywhere(now seems like that wont help from what I read)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.