What car would you buy with a $13,000 budget?

from what i've seen yes
Thats the problem with youtube. You see a couple instances of people beating X car with Y car with no sense of what is under the hood or how the modified car is to live with on a daily basis. You can make a dodge neon faster than a GTR in a straight line, both from 5 to 10 mph rolling start and 60 to 120 (until it explodes). The GTR is a comfortable cruiser over long distances, corners so violently that it has been known to injure necks (not just Jeremy Clarksons either), gets pretty good MPG (when your right foot isnt welded to the floor) and wont break (barring the stupid "launch mode" idiots who went against the mfg's direction to not use the consistently to avoid damage, then being upset when something expensive breaks after using it 30 times in a row on full throttle starts showing off to their meathead friends)

from what i've seen yes
Did you read the proceeding replies? I don't know how best to explain this, so I will revisit the subwoofer analogy; it is akin to saying "driver X with a 4" voice coil beats driver Y with a 3" voice coil", and then posting a video of someone who is indeed using driver X which is putting up better numbers than driver Y. Sure, in this instance, driver X is therefore superior (if the criteria for 'superior' is higher SPLs) - but it is an isolated example which is simply not representative of all driver Xs out there. Like the enclosure, vehicle and power used specific to the scenario in which driver X beat driver Y, the 370z in question will have had specific mods carried out to it, so this twin turbo 370z is not representative of all twin turbo 370zs out there. Some will be faster, some slower than the GT-R. Depends on what's been done to it.

Did you read the proceeding replies? I don't know how best to explain this, so I will revisit the subwoofer analogy; it is akin to saying "driver X with a 4" voice coil beats driver Y with a 3" voice coil", and then posting a video of someone who is indeed using driver X which is putting up better numbers than driver Y. Sure, in this instance, driver X is therefore superior (if the criteria for 'superior' is higher SPLs) - but it is an isolated example which is simply not representative of all driver Xs out there. Like the enclosure, vehicle and power used specific to the scenario in which driver X beat driver Y, the 370z in question will have had specific mods carried out to it, so this twin turbo 370z is not representative of all twin turbo 370zs out there. Some will be faster, some slower than the GT-R. Depends on what's been done to it.
Its a GTR, the GT-R was a version of the Skyline (not to be pedantic), but youre right. Any why even mention modified cars anyways? a 240 SX can be turned into a Sylvia capable of smoking a stock R34 Skyline GT-R, but that doenst mean anything to those who just want to buy a car and use the performance out of the box. Its like saying "i bought a 91 fox body mustang hatch that came with the 2.3 liter 4 banger, and i put a 351 cleveland in it with a roots type supercharger and it makes 1400 hp at the wheels now so it can smoke your GTR in a straight line". Now i know a G37 is a tad nicer than a fox body, but i think yall get my drift

I've had 3 different mechanics tell me that the Nissan Altima is the car they see the least amount which is impressive considering its a top selling car.

It's a solid car. Theres a reason why they've been using the same engine (QR25DE) for the last 15 years...... (dont' change what isn't broken).

Heres another question.....as a whole, havent all automakers become more reliable over 20 years ago? Or is that a myth?
generally speaking, yes, but some automakers have severely floundered in that area. Take Mercedes for example, their reliability during the late 90s and way into the early 2000s fell below that of ford on average. Some automakers have deliberately taken steps to make their cars more disposable as they saw profits in selling a new car every 2 to 3 years because they just didnt feel as tight as they once did to their respective owners. Couple that with the ever emerging tech that we seems to need that "requires" a new vehicle as opposed to retro factory upgrades, and voila, disposable cars that sell. Its a fine balance tho, make em to crappy, people wont want em, make em too good, and they wont need to be replaced as often. Take Kia for example, 8 years ago they were a laughing stock, now they sell like hotcakes in direct competition with honda and toyota

another thing thats pretty funny, remember the AUW? Remember the employees that got $20/hr to put lug nuts on the wheels that got replaced by machines? The machines have LONG since paid for themselves, and the cost of maintenance/repair/upgrading/replacing of the machines is long since a moot point yet auto mfg's are reaping record profits. Refer to this article for just one instance of proof . Its just nots how much profit theyre making for just having had purchased a few companies and rehashing a TON of engineering. And im not just picking on GM, theyre just the first that came to mind. Toyota, until very recently, has had the same record breaking profits as seen here

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a GTR, the GT-R was a version of the Skyline (not to be pedantic), but youre right. Any why even mention modified cars anyways? a 240 SX can be turned into a Sylvia capable of smoking a stock R34 Skyline GT-R, but that doenst mean anything to those who just want to buy a car and use the performance out of the box. Its like saying "i bought a 91 fox body mustang hatch that came with the 2.3 liter 4 banger, and i put a 351 cleveland in it with a roots type supercharger and it makes 1400 hp at the wheels now so it can smoke your GTR in a straight line". Now i know a G37 is a tad nicer than a fox body, but i think yall get my drift
j2x1rRm.png

you type to much. point is for the money ill take a 370z.

lighter easily as powerful less grip but that's not a factor at 600 HP on a track

you type to much. point is for the money ill take a 370z.lighter easily as powerful less grip but that's not a factor at 600 HP on a track
Id take a 1992 300ZXtt over a 350Z or a 370Z anyday. Disable the super HICAS, put about $4000 into engine maintenance and another $4000 in upgrades and have a 500+ hp monster that looks MEAN AS HELL!!! ORRRR a 1992 RX7 (sexiest... car....ever....) and put about 2k into a resto and about 4k into upgrades and have a 500+ hp monster that looks **** AS HELL!!! Or, if you cant get your hands on the previous 2, a last gen 3000gt or Dodge Stealth RT twin turbo(same flippin car minus bodywork and an odd stock hp difference), do the exact same thing with the resto and upgrades and have a HEAVY AS HELL car that still satisfies!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i'm good at that. lol
i too have a talent for that

Quit playing with cars. Go buy a F-650 and call it a day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Id take a 1992 300ZXtt over a 350Z or a 370Z anyday. Disable the super HICAS, put about $4000 into engine maintenance and another $4000 in upgrades and have a 500+ hp monster that looks MEAN AS HELL!!! ORRRR a 1992 RX7 (sexiest... car....ever....) and put about 2k into a resto and about 4k into upgrades and have a 500+ hp monster that looks **** AS HELL!!! Or, if you cant get your hands on the previous 2, a last gen 3000gt or Dodge Stealth RT twin turbo(same flippin car minus bodywork and an odd stock hp difference), do the exact same thing with the resto and upgrades and have a HEAVY AS HELL car that still satisfies!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i too have a talent for that
God I love the 3rd gen RX-7. That is one **** beast. I wish Mazda would come out w/ a new RX-7. The RX-8 was ok but it didn't have the appeal as the RX-7 at least for me anyways.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Ridinhi

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
Ridinhi
Winston-Salem, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date