What can we do?

I lurked this site for a couple years before I joined up and that was ONLY for the classifieds section. This site was then, is now, and always will be immaturity, flaming, sarcasm, and my e-penor is bigger than yours because you run X brand and I run Y..... People who want real technical info go to DIYMA, and CACO still has way more classifieds than here, SSA has a LOT of good vendor sub-forums, and carstereo.com seems to get the most traffic of newbs asking stupid questions and never coming back.

Let the site be what it is. It's fairly well moderated, reliable, and has a lot of active members (both trolls and serious types).

facebook feature would def. bring in some new members... theres also never giveaways or anything on this forum like on other car audio forums i goto.. doesnt seem to be really any companies that are super active on this forum like others either...they used to be when i first joined tho.. i can remember quite a few always posting here..
alot left because of the constant filth... I am an adult and can handle it but as a vendor I would have never "PAID" to be 1 here...way too much drama here compared to other sites...

the site rules are just fine the membership is the issue.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

get more car audio companies in. we only have like 5 car audio company forums on here. the rules are fine. and i think we just need an overall more professional outlook on helping people. more giveaways also. havent read much of the thread, but i def agree with more companies and giveaways

yeah just report the trollies.. or move on and ignore the people who want to bash on your system, most of the time bashing is done to you by a person who doesn't own nothing and are just hating... but indeed be more professional on assisting people as i have experienced those types of people who just want to be ignorant idiots

Stop-Internet-Trolling-atsof-573921_200_200.jpg

You will keep valuable information from being part of your "special" room if you have a post count minimum. That **** is so beyond retarded, it's almost as bad as the four asterisks before the comma in this sentence!

The major reason for the attrition rate is the censorship, the lack of experienced contributors and the lack of excitement. As stated above somewhere, if there were giveaways, more emphasis on system build logs, correct information instead of rampant retardation and misguided recommendation, you'd have more buzz and more vendor curiosity. I firmly believe that a classifieds section should be a site/subsidiary all to itself. Classifieds in conjunction with reputable information don't go hand in hand......and vendors don't like the damned things. Period. It doesn't matter how little they SAY about them or how little they complain if asked. If you were a fly on the wall of the dinner room at a vendors home, you'd hear a few choice words they have to say about classifieds sections. They get caught answering stupid questions about used crap and the bigger the classifieds section gets, the less business the vendor sees from the main portion of the site. Less bidness he sees, the less contributions, giveaways and "sponsorships" you'll see. If vendors aren't present, their perceived value of the site is low. This forum is a joke to most on 12vinsider.com, the industry only forum. But that forum is boring and full of just as much rampant misinformation as caraudio.com. The only thing is, there are more folks there with egos that have no way of being validated than in here. They have shops and work for manufacturers, so they are always right; remember that. RoR.

Thanks for the replies. IMO to address the fact that alot of "newbie" questions are posted, shows that there are still new visitors coming to the site and a fresh audience that can move the site forward over time. Also, as noted earlier, the fact that this site is "caraudio.com", attracts many many type-in visitors, as lots of times this is the first place they would check to get help with issues. We all had to start somewhere, right?

The Advanced car audio forum was started a while back for more technical discussion, but hasn't caught on that well, despite alot of requests for a more advanced discussion type forum. So, not sure what all else I can do on that aspect.

Also, I'm sure most of you haven't noticed, but we're offering a $30 referral for the sign-up of new vendors (with forum), for a limited time. If you want to make some cash, let companies know about our vendor section and that IMO what a great deal it is...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

whitedragon551

5,000+ posts
whitedragon551
IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from