what can I expect from 2 subs?

big scott

blazin low, and loud
edgewood, md
Hello guys,

well I have been thinking, right now I have 1 hdc3 15" sub in a ported box running a ppi 1800 amp at 1ohm.

it slames hard.

I have planes on getting another sub and amp ( the same stuff ) in 1 ported box for both 15" . And running 1 amp per sub.

what im wandering what can I expect from 2 15" ?

will it get louder ? Will i feel more bass ?

I just dont know what adding another sub/amp will do for me ?

thanks

Increasing cone area by 2x effectively increases output by 3db, theoretically. Doubling the power will also yield a theoretical 3db increase. At 6db is where you can notice a difference. So put in one more sub, double the power, and have fun.

By the way, when I switched to two 15's and noticed the difference I decided to get three. Once I heard how three was even louder I got 4. Then more amps, more batteries, more ridiculousness. I am at 10 now and in the process of finding a van to put them in. Worse than drugs this here car audio habit is. And it all started with just one hit - I mean 15.

you can expect to do a much more thorough sound deadening job to get rid of rattles.
^ this. imo: i'd rather have a little bass with no rattles than block-pounding bass with rattles nonstop lol. definitely invest in some deadener (if you haven't already).

and basically what @dragnix said, doubling subs with same power = +3 db, doubling subs AND doubling power = +6db. generally you wouldn't notice +3db, but +6 is definitely noticeable.

(keep in mind those figures don't take into account cabin gain and other factors of the vehicle)

i was just wondering what adding another sub would do as im very happy now with 1 sub. my truck is going to fall apart from all this bass .... lol i have an older truck ( 88 s10 blazer ) with some rust out spots ( ya i plan on welding in some panels ) but the first time turning it up i had piles of rust on the ground from it lol .

and in the beginning i was planing on 2 subs but just got to thinking what it would do with 2.

so now i no and im going to order another sub this coming month.

im going to try and build a box for them, ported of course ..

thanks guys.

and i forgot to say, that the nest thing i have to do is add some deadener as it rattles and i dont like it.

i may try that home depot stuff i have seen on youtube looks like it works great. ??

By the way, when I switched to two 15's and noticed the difference I decided to get three. Once I heard how three was even louder I got 4. Then more amps, more batteries, more ridiculousness. I am at 10 now and in the process of finding a van to put them in. Worse than drugs this here car audio habit is. And it all started with just one hit - I mean 15.
and you my friend have a problem............. lol lol you need help.

j/k ya i know how this car audio stuff is. the more you get, the more you want...

im glade i picked up my truck, its in my avitar. i have room for a few 15" .

and i forgot to say, that the nest thing i have to do is add some deadener as it rattles and i dont like it.
i may try that home depot stuff i have seen on youtube looks like it works great. ??

Experiment! See what works for you, personally, with something as annoying and repetitive as deadening an entire vehicle, i'd just get the good stuff and be done with it so I don't have to go back later and re-apply if the previous product didn't do its job. I heard good things about the stuff from KnuKonceptz (Kno Knoise), i'm picking up a bulk pack as soon as i can lol good luck bud

doesn't work as great as you would expect. The thing that gets rid of rattles and flex is how thick the aluminium is. There's barely any aluminum on peel and seal. I tried it and it ***** hands down compared to my old audio technix deadener and that deadener wasn't that great either. Try stinger roadkill or knukonceptz deadener, or better yet, tantric's gator skin or second skin. You'd also want CLOSED CELL FOAM and lots of it. Have a few layers between your interior panels and the metal layer and it does wonders to get rid of the rattles.

I used rattle trap/fat mat and it failed miserably. The adhesive separated from itself and half fell on my sub's and amp while half stayed stuck to the roof of my vehicle. I must say the customer service was excellent and the company offered to do anything they could to clean up my equipment. I left what was still intact but just plywooded over the rattle trap on roof . I wouldn't use their poducts again due to safety of my stuff. As akillj said the cld tiles are the way to go. My next project (after I finish the two I have started) will also contain some of the sound blocking vinyl.

I used rattle trap/fat mat and it failed miserably. The adhesive separated from itself and half fell on my sub's and amp while half stayed stuck to the roof of my vehicle. I must say the customer service was excellent and the company offered to do anything they could to clean up my equipment. I left what was still intact but just plywooded over the rattle trap on roof . I wouldn't use their poducts again due to safety of my stuff. As akillj said the cld tiles are the way to go. My next project (after I finish the two I have started) will also contain some of the sound blocking vinyl.
Really? Cuz I used rattle trap/fat mat with great results I think it's good bang for the buck. You have to be diligent with application. A hair dryer works great and get violent with the roller. Also a clean surface to apply it to is important. The other stuff op was considering I have heard nightmares about the smell I wouldn't consider it for my daily ride pony up the extra bucks it smelled for about a week then went away.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.