What brand makes the best amps?

Sundown sundown sundown. LolzLots of good amps out right now ya just have to get past mainstream brands

PPI did make a 10k amp. Orion back in the day had some great amps

Newer stuff I had from them made me sad

I wish people would stop talking about this new ppi bs crap that can't even be on the same page as thier older amps

PG and PPI used to be good but like so many brand they sold out.
here here ,i'm totally in agreement on this one

Sundown sundown sundown. LolzLots of good amps out right now ya just have to get past mainstream brands

I wish people would stop talking about this new ppi bs crap that can't even be on the same page as thier older amps

I'm not sure on the "mainstream" brands of amps. What brands are mainstream?

Pretty much anything found at car audio stores like pioneer, kenwood, alpine, kicker etc... I am not saying they are bad by any means, in fact many of these brands make good products. However, when dealing with subwoofers I would much rather go with hand built subs like FI, AA, DC, DD, SSA, RE...

The new ppi amps are very very solid

^ i agree ..if i was starting out today i would get a the ppi phantom 900.4 and 1000.1....very compact, and will do the rated power ....both can b had for less than $400 new total and would b a great starter setup

If budget is the main concern and you want GOOD quality... I'd go used... Just be careful and make sure the seller is not some fly by night newb (If buying online) or if you find one locally just roll up with a vehicle that's all wired up & ready to go and tell the seller you want to hook it up first... If they aren't trying to sell you garbage they should have no problem letting you do so b4 ANY $$$ is handed over... I'm NOT a fan of Cadence's current line up of amps, but they did make some good sh1t in the past if you do your research... I got my current Cadence Daytona DCA2500.1 off of craigslist locally for $120 however NOT everyone is able to find such a good deal ($120 for 2500 rms - LOL) but there are still a lot of good deals out there to be had if you are careful and look around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I have helped build a full on SQ install with PPI Black Ice amps. They are GREAT. I wonder what "internet brands" have fully active crossovers like the PPIs anywhere near the price of the Phantoms, Black Ices, and Power series. BTW, that setup sounds amazing. So much clean power!

Pic:

The new ppi 900.4 is ****** and tiny .. What's not to like ?

Snr 110db?

Damping 500?

Is it under rated?

Can the new ppi be named as one of the best sq amps out?

The USA made PPI amps did all this

I'm not saying its not a good amp for cheap. But it can no longer be compared as one of the best amps

Back in the day planet audio was good... Now *****

Re audio used to be kick butt... Now not as good

Cerwinvega had a real hard fall

PG used to be amazing...... Now it's mostly junk

This list could go on and on

But I have seen some great new brands come out at really good prices

Mainstream brands top of the line products are ok but you will over pay and the entry level is most times junk

These would be

Alpine

Kicker

Fosgate

Mtx

Kenwood

JL audio and so on

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.