What AWG for 500-1000 watts?

4 awg would be great for that amp at 2 ohms. At 1 ohm I'm sure many people would suggest 2 awg or 1/0, but the 4 would still get it done.

Is this your only amp?

If you're listening to music you either have or are going to need a 2nd amp to run front speakers. Are you running a 2nd full length wire for that?

If you run 2 awg you'd be covered for another ~500w so you could have a single wire from the battery with 4 awg to the sub amp and 8 to a good sized full range amp.

If you plan on going bigger (on your amp) in the future, why not going bigger than needed for you amp. I'd go with 1/0 and you'll not have to add more or re-run it later!

4 awg would be great for that amp at 2 ohms. At 1 ohm I'm sure many people would suggest 2 awg or 1/0, but the 4 would still get it done.
Is this your only amp?

If you're listening to music you either have or are going to need a 2nd amp to run front speakers. Are you running a 2nd full length wire for that?

If you run 2 awg you'd be covered for another ~500w so you could have a single wire from the battery with 4 awg to the sub amp and 8 to a good sized full range amp.
I do have a second amp but it's a piece of **** (crunch powerzone 2250) and I wouldn't even trust it to run speakers... As of right now, I'm just going to run stock speakers/tweeters and turn the treble all the way up and the bass all the way down on my receiver... My 2001 Nissan Pathfinder has the premium boss speakers option anyway (at least premium for 2001 lol). All I really care about at the moment is some nice bass and I'm hoping that TNT will do me good lol

If you plan on going bigger (on your amp) in the future, why not going bigger than needed for you amp. I'd go with 1/0 and you'll not have to add more or re-run it later!
I'm not sure that 1/0 would even fit on the terminals lol

You might have to trim them down or get an adapter. When I ran my AP1500D I did a distro right next to the amp that went from 1/0 to 4 awg, but that piece was very short. Then when I jumped up to a bigger amp I already had the wire ran.

Wire gauge will be based on total current draw and length of run from battery.

Owner's manual for the amp, page 4, states:

We recommend to have the installation done by an Authorized Audiopipe Dealer.

Required power, ground wire and proper external fuse as below:

Fuse

100 AMP

Model

APCL-15001D

Wire

2 to 4 Gauge

Charts like this all over the internet:

Wire%20Gauge%20Chart%281%29.jpg

-Eric

Actually want with a different amp (Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D)... but I know 4 gauge will do just fine. Thanks for the replies everyone

You might have to trim them down or get an adapter.

Uh oh. I hope the wire trim nazi doesn't show up and berate you for making such a suggestion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Uh oh. I hope the wire trim nazi doesn't show up and berate you for making such a suggestion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
And who might that be? Oh that's right.....our genius around here, Jane Kuthe...

I would run 1/0 wire first and be done with it. If you upgrade speakers and amps in the future the wire is already there, no need to tear apart the vehicle to run new wire. You can buy adapters to go from 1/0 to 4 gauge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.