What are the top SPL & SQ Subwoofers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

b1utigg3r2
10+ year member

Someone please tell me what to research under... I'm going to order a Alpine CDA-7893 (2002 Model) within the next couple of days. I don't know what to buy as concern to 12" subwoofers and an amplifier. I want a setup that'll push both the limits of SPL and SQ. Please list a lot of replies. I'm clueless in which subs and amp I should purchase. My budget limit will be around $1,000 for two 12" subs and a amplifier. Please post your suggestions. Thanks~!

Ok, I called this guy up, he told me that he's selling the DEI 1100d for $400 and a pair of 12" DVC (2ohm) Armaggedon M12s. Would this be a good deal/sound quality? Please Port your reply! Thanks~!

i haven't heard either of what u mentioned, however, for both sq/spl about the best i've heard is eclipse. for budget the 8700 series is great and for the best the titaniaum's rock. check into eclipse subs before you buy.

amp wise, you can't go wrong with jl audio!

Originally posted by mrray13 check into eclipse subs before you buy.
He beat me to it!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif But yeah, Eclipse r v.good and can produce great SQ and good SPL in the correct box. My only criticism is dont buy the titaniums as the DVCs are almostas good and cost half of what the Ti's cost.

I would also recommend ID, especially the IDQ's as they are on their way out, so places like sounddomain (I think, I maybe wrong) are doing them v.cheap - a great sub, with great SQ.

Also condier the Crystal line, the W6V2, 3512 and 9012 (dd) and Kove, although some on termpro dont seem to like Kove.........hope that helps - my choice - 2 IDMax's with an MTX 8100D on ecah, although that would probably cost u like $1800!!!! But well worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

hear that Phat! most of my stereo goddies and projects have been put on the back burner for a while..Cept for helpin friends and this board.
You don't know the half of it. I've even started installing on the side to save up for a system, it seems like everytime I get enough saved up, my car breaks down, or one of the kids gets sick. Always some b/s. I've saved up some mids from installs, but I haven't gotten any quality amps, and it's hard to tell people what you can do for their system, when you have almost nothing yourself!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

My friend brings home a guy or two now and then from work for an install but thats about the only income I have right now. Very dependant on my wife till I either find a job or get in at one of the local shops..I would rather get in the shop than go back to warehouse work. So If I can hold out till the end of the month I could be alright.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.