What are the laws against loud music exactly? I don't understand.

Honest to god one day I was playing the STOCK stereo in my old Ford Ranger and suddenly I was being pulled over. I had no idea why. My windows were down it was the middle of summer. The cop said that if he can hear it from outside than its illegal. He didnt give me a ticket but I told him look it is a completely stock system how can it even be illegal.

Honest to god one day I was playing the STOCK stereo in my old Ford Ranger and suddenly I was being pulled over. I had no idea why. My windows were down it was the middle of summer. The cop said that if he can hear it from outside than its illegal. He didnt give me a ticket but I told him look it is a completely stock system how can it even be illegal.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

LMAO...

How loud did you have it?

You guys gotta put a remote switch in, when youre in town theres no way for a cop to tell you have a system in your car with a bunch of traffic.....but other than that, me and a friend got pulled over due to his "loud" system consisting of stock volvo speakers.

lol ... raisdin305 ... miami cops dont really care at all cause every other kid has a system ... in miami its straight just dont disrespect them or residential areas at night and your straight

i strait up asked a cop what was the deal with systems and he said he personly dosnt care and even if he gave a ticket you could fight it cause they have no proof you had it so loud... thats in houston anyway

Man i live in Mississippi and $50 dollars is nothing. It is a $300-350 fine here. It really all depends on the city ordinance that you live in. Some places have no sound ordinance but my paticular town has some harsh fines.

I live in a small town called Aiken in South Carolina and the cops are anal. Just about every person i know who has a system gets pulled over and ticketed. One of my freinds with 2 ported audiobhan 15's after being given 5 noise violations was handcuffed and had to be bailed out of jail. Another time all of my freinds decided to hook up all of our subs in my freinds tahoe needless to say the cops showed up after about 10 min(o yeah we fit 12 12's) I just recomend hitting the pause button when a cop is in proximity other than that keep it bumpin.

In the state of Florida...if your music can be heard from 25ft away, they can pull you over and give you a $75 ticket, your first time. Here in Miami they don't make such a big deal about it.
Yep, scared me at first... but now I lower it when I'm near a police car or in an area I know it would annoy people in and I've been fine.

Those are A-scale weighted measurements that need to be taken for OSHA purposes...not a single frequency measurement. So it's not quite useful for our purposes.

Those are A-scale weighted measurements that need to be taken for OSHA purposes...not a single frequency measurement. So it's not quite useful for our purposes.
Wow someone else in blacksburg. I remember back at home cops would pull ppl over if the music was audible within 50 ft.

Do you know any local woodshops where I can fab up a box? I want to build my new one before I go home one of these weekends.

No dedicated shops around here...though I happen to know several people that may be willing to help and a place where we could work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Go to Tech, I assume?

You missed the TeamSSAudio meet yesterday, we had a handful of people from the forum here and over on http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com. We get together every now and then and shoot the **** and maybe get stuff done...go over and register on that forum if you haven't already, there are some good people in this area //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.