what are the best 6.5 and 6/9s for around $150-200? looking for sq

Just installed some Focal speakers and they sound amazing. You should be able to find Focal's lower lines in your price range.

I'm looking for the same thing as you basically but all I can tell you is just about anything would be better than alpine type r speakers. Unless you're using them for midbass only and are getting tweeters separately. I asked a similar question as you and was told to look into CDT Audio, Massive Audio, DB Drive, etc. Or the "internet brands" like sundown etc. If you just make sure to stay away from the mainstream brands like kicker, alpine, and especially JL audio you'll find it a lot easier to get a good deal for your money

You're going to need an amp if you don't have 1 already: Sundown, Crescendo, SoundQubed, DC, DD etc but you're looking for budget in which case go with Precision Power Phantom 900.4. It is a $170 amp with a cult like following.

I am looking for clear vocals as well as a little mid bass

I'm gonna buy a pair of sa 12 so need need powerful speakers to go with it and i have a pair of kicker cs series they ****

I want to buy both 6.5 and 6/9 so would like if its in budget
For good sound quality, you dont want to pull the soundstage to the rear. Most world class sound quality vehicles only have fronts because you want to recreate a whole concert on your front dash where you can distinguish each band member and instrument at their specified areas. Sounding clean is easily achievable, Having a proper soundstage is the next level stuff.

I listen to decaf and rap and a bit of dupstep not many instruments in those after all I'm only 17 and only want some quality nothing too high end
What you want is loud and clean. Sound Quality is a loaded term in car audio.

Polk db series, alpine, incriminator IAC, type Rs all work fine.

I listen to decaf and rap and a bit of dupstep not many instruments in those after all I'm only 17 and only want some quality nothing too high end
i personally have the type R speakers, and they arent the best, definently not the worst, but i liked the S series better. I have the polks MM6501s in my front and they arent too shabby as well, much better than the alpines. My doors rarely viberate so i dont think they deleiver the best midbass (but thats hopefully because i havent deadened the doors yet). but my highs are insanly loud! people say they could hear every word from my music 2-3 cars back, so id vote polk for you and then youll learn more so what youre looking for

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.