What are some SPl tricks or tips you have learned?

It's not always the case that less air = better score though, I remember I dropped box sizes on an XXX18 and the score actually went up (and it's not because of the tuning and peak frequency) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

PS: I haven't posted here in eons :lol:

You dropped box size did port shrink as well and keep same tuning all in all their are so many factors when it comes down to it the weather it self will dictate your score as well. So maybe the change in temp upped the score maybe something inside was moved a bit too much to say honestly.

[quote name='NASTY08IMPALA']Trunks with subs forward and port to drivers side is pretty dam loud ..as good or better than subs and port back ..thats how.my new box wil be setup @dbeez ;just did a box for 2 12" zv3.s on a saz4500 pretty nasty[/QUOTE]

Just had a custom box made with subs facing cabin, slotted port to side.. loudest I ever felt

doesn't mean the meter will agree unfortunately...

Just had a custom box made with subs facing cabin, slotted port to side.. loudest I ever felt

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

Shurtape combined with a thick Brazilian accent...

Shurtape makes you louder.
Lol.

yep it worrks pretty well when u load off the quarter panel especially if u have some air space on that side of the box ...makes for a **** wind tunnel if.u got decent power
unfortunately I have had other locals try and build and design a box like the ones I have done in that impala and with 6k couldn't get over a 45 the designer and builder must have something to do with it as well.

yep it worrks pretty well when u load off the quarter panel especially if u have some air space on that side of the box ...makes for a **** wind tunnel if.u got decent power
I like sub forward port sideways but port firing into an extra part of the box that looks like a slot port instead of firing into the quarter panel.

Got a 148@30 that way with an m3a in my civic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.