What are some SPl tricks or tips you have learned?

itsblown
10+ year member

why is there smoke?
Toledo OH
Just wondering what are some tips or tricks you guys have learned to get the higher numbers. Just wondering because im thinking of competing in Meca this year.

The only thing I could think of is wiring up in impedance. Like instead of going dual 2 down to 1 go from dual .5 up to 1.

hopefully we can get a good list started in here for members to try out

Just wondering what are some tips or tricks you guys have learned to get the higher numbers. Just wondering because im thinking of competing in Meca this year.
The only thing I could think of is wiring up in impedance. Like instead of going dual 2 down to 1 go from dual .5 up to 1.

hopefully we can get a good list started in here for members to try out
A higher load will help with efficiency and a cleaner signal if you have no worries about number or size of amps, but you have it twisted on the wiring configuration. Parlell is "supposedly" louder than series. So, theoretically, A D2 wired to 1ohm will be louder than a D.5 wired to 1 ohm.

Build a lot of boxes. Buy a meter. Test test test. Try everything visors, seat position, vehicle temp. log it all down and just keep testing . Don't forget test!

A higher load will help with efficiency and a cleaner signal if you have no worries about number or size of amps, but you have it twisted on the wiring configuration. Parlell is "supposedly" louder than series. So, theoretically, A D2 wired to 1ohm will be louder than a D.5 wired to 1 ohm.
was just gonna say the same exact thing.

OP realistically only thing you can do is test and test and when youre done, do more testing. certain things work great in certain cars and flop in others. like the adjusting the mirrors, or having the sunvisor down/up, open glovebox, open center console etc etc

do changing out my stock speakers an tweeters have any addition to term lab score? nice pair of 6 1/2s an twetters?

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

do changing out my stock speakers an tweeters have any addition to term lab score? nice pair of 6 1/2s an tweeters?

do changing out my stock speakers an tweeters have any addition to term lab score? nice pair of 6 1/2s an twetters? 

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

do changing out my stock speakers an tweeters have any addition to term lab score? nice pair of 6 1/2s an tweeters?
no

The best tip ever was already discussed. Testing. There is simply nothing better to do. What works for one application(even the same exact vehicle) may not work for you and your setup/goals.

My rules of thumb are always face the sub towards the rear of the vehicle. Also any ports should face the same way as the sub.

In my vehicle (A small four door sedan) I gained 1-2db by rolling down the front windows. Rolling all windows down resulted in 1-2db less and all windows up did the same.

My rules of thumb are always face the sub towards the rear of the vehicle. Also any ports should face the same way as the sub.
In my vehicle (A small four door sedan) I gained 1-2db by rolling down the front windows. Rolling all windows down resulted in 1-2db less and all windows up did the same.
You should try sub up or forward and port to the passenger side. Might be surprised at the outcome.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.