What Amp??????

WRXer

I have no idea on how to install a system, but I learn quick. I have two Kappa Perfect 12.1's, and I need to know what amp I should get to power them. I've been looking at the Infinity Beta Digital 300, but will that under power them... any help woul be appreciated.

WRX er

are they single voice coils or dual. but either way the infinity amp wont underpower them if they are dual vc you can wire them in stereo at 2ohms and each one will get 500watts and if they are single vc then wire them at 4ohm and each will get 300watts

I have a friend with those speakers and he is running a smaller amp but sounds awesome. He has 2 12" Perfects w/ a punch 500a2 and a cap. If you want more go to the punch 800 but the 500 sounds really good.

the only thing about the jbl is that if you get that it is going to use a lot more juice off your battery and you may need a cap and other things to keep it up and infinity amp is digital and doesnt draw near the amprage of the jbl, but in either case they are both good amps

so the JBL is not taht efficient? or is that the biggest difference between class D amps, which are relatively efficient in themselves compared to digital amps?

no i never said that it wasnt, but a digital amp pulls a lot less power from your battery to make the same wattage, for example the jbl amp can pull like over 90-100 amps and the infinity map wont draw over 60, its just a difference in the way they work

kool kool i getg it...

so if im having slight [power issues now,m (without teh JBL) and by slight i mean my headlights dim SLIGHTLY when idling for more tahn like 10 seconds... (only at really high volumes) will the JBL hurt me much more?

or willa cap or a 1.5 cap help me out?

yeah it will definalty get worse, i have friends running just the jbl in a brand new car with no electrical probs and their head lights still dim even with a cap, so if you get it a cap or 2 will help but really the best way is to add another battery or a higher output alt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.