• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 4K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

What would be the best amp for two kicker comp svc 8 ohm subs i want a kicker amp so when i go to comps i have all kicker and it looks cool but doesnt really matter i right now have a kendwood 729s 600 watt amp that was recommened on here but i dont think that it does me subs justiice or i have them hooked up right i mean they hit and hit nice but still doesnt seen like they are hittin liuke they should have them in parrlell and running a 4ohm load bridged on my amp i belive and have the gain truned up half way. I was looking at a kicker zr 120 but i am not for sure if it would be anymore powerful that my kendwood i just need an amp thats more powerful than my kendwood without blowing my subs and under 220 dollars.

oh yea they are 12 inch subs 125 rms and 300 max and in a dual sealed box with around 1.0 cubic feet of space or more and plannig on getting a bandpass box should i stay away from them since they are free air subs?

unregesterd- check out kicker zr 360

you'll have more than enough power

for your subs

Are you sure its only a 360 watt max amp and my speakers together equal 600 so is that right? Also can u guys answer my other ?s

unregesterd-- look at you 12'' rms power of 125 watts

per sub. the kicker zr-360 in bridge/mono at 4 ohm

will send 266 watts of power per sub

( for a total of 532 watts)

your max power of 300 watts per sub means

that each sub will take 300 watts of power

(for a short period of time )

were as your rms power of 125 watts per sub

means that each sub will take 125 watt of power

for a long period of time ( all day long)

try those subs in a sealed box

using a ported box you will have to

sample drifferent types of ported boxes

to get the sound that you are looking for

the choice of box is up to you.

ok thanks alot man i just didnt know that much about kicker amps but thanks so i should stay away from bandpass i had my sub in a house box like a surround sound it was a huge old pioneer that was ported and it hit alot harder in that than it did in the sealed box.

well a ported box will hit harder due to the fact that the ports tend to create more bass and the box is generally bigger but to get the proper sound it takes quite a bit more work....check out a book called the car audio cookbook...usually at your local library....gives all kinds of usefull info about car audio....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.